PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
krlk (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default CALLER ID (CLIP) Super NEWS for Manx International Prepaid Users - 05-09-2007, 18:02

CALLER ID (CLIP) Super NEWS for Manx International Prepaid Users
Today i make a test with my 2 Manx Prepaid Simcards (sim4theworld & freeglobalsim)
Caller ID WORKS in All polish networks for MANX cards
My test list:
sim4theworld +447624 > freeglobalsim +447924 - caller ID works
freeglobalsim +447924 > sim4theworld +447624 - caller ID works
sim4theworld +447624 <---> all polish networks (plus era orange) - caller ID works
freeglobalsim +447924 <---> all polish networks (plus era orange) - caller ID works
Skype IN (polish number) <---> sim4theworld +447624 - caller ID works
Skype IN (polish number) <---> freeglobalsim +447924 - caller ID works

My Phones: Nokia 6310i, 2310, 6280, SPV M650, SE T290i;
My VoIP Phones: wifi Linksys WIP330; wifi BELKIN (Skype), Linksys Gates
PostPaid: Orange Idea PL
PrePaids "Working": PL: SimPlus (plusgsm), PoP (orange), mbank(mvno plusgsm), snickers (mvno orange); INT: +447642 Easy Roam
PrePaids "Deceased": UK: O2, Vodafone, FreeGlobalSim, Sim4TheWorld;
My VoIP operators: skype, & BETAMAX

Old
  (#2)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 05-09-2007, 22:08

I did some tests. Incoming calls now have caller id on an ekit sim also, but outgoing did not show up at all....

Old
  (#3)
krlk (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-09-2007, 09:45

today i check caller id from betamax operator (for ex.: www.voipdiscount.com)
not support ID to polish operators
but to manx operators (virtual) it WORKS

My Phones: Nokia 6310i, 2310, 6280, SPV M650, SE T290i;
My VoIP Phones: wifi Linksys WIP330; wifi BELKIN (Skype), Linksys Gates
PostPaid: Orange Idea PL
PrePaids "Working": PL: SimPlus (plusgsm), PoP (orange), mbank(mvno plusgsm), snickers (mvno orange); INT: +447642 Easy Roam
PrePaids "Deceased": UK: O2, Vodafone, FreeGlobalSim, Sim4TheWorld;
My VoIP operators: skype, & BETAMAX

Old
  (#4)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 09-09-2007, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by krlk View Post
today i check caller id from betamax operator (for ex.: www.voipdiscount.com)
not support ID to polish operators
but to manx operators (virtual) it WORKS
Karol, check the voipdiscount rates to Poland - it's 5 cents/min (excluding VAT). And the termination rate to Big Three is 0.40 PLN/min and to Play 0.65 PLN/min (excluding VAT) what is over 10 cents now. This means that they use FCTs with Polish SIMs inside, and, what follows, they bar the caller ID. BTW, you may know sometimes such FCT companies forget barring some SIMs. E.g. I received many times CBW callbacks to Orange from Orange numbers .
And the routing to Manx (and all roaming) SIMs is different. If a call comes to Poland with caller ID, it's habdled by the roaming partner which shouldn't destroy that ID .

Old
  (#5)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 09-09-2007, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
Karol, check the voipdiscount rates to Poland - it's 5 cents/min (excluding VAT). And the termination rate to Big Three is 0.40 PLN/min and to Play 0.65 PLN/min (excluding VAT) what is over 10 cents now. This means that they use FCTs with Polish SIMs inside, and, what follows, they bar the caller ID. BTW, you may know sometimes such FCT companies forget barring some SIMs. E.g. I received many times CBW callbacks to Orange from Orange numbers .
And the routing to Manx (and all roaming) SIMs is different. If a call comes to Poland with caller ID, it's habdled by the roaming partner which shouldn't destroy that ID .
I think that these termination rates are valid for the internal market only (e.g. inside Poland). For calls originating from outside of the country other rules prevail. Poland is generally a country with low mobile rates, when these are dialed from abroad as compared to Italy, Greece for example.

Last edited by prion; 09-09-2007 at 10:42..

Old
  (#6)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 10-09-2007, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
I think that these termination rates are valid for the internal market only (e.g. inside Poland). For calls originating from outside of the country other rules prevail. Poland is generally a country with low mobile rates, when these are dialed from abroad as compared to Italy, Greece for example.
The termination rates for international traffic can't differ much (neither higher nor lower) simply because the difference would be used by service providers. If rates to Poland mobiles from abroad are relatively low, especially they are lower than 10 cents excluding VAT, it is achieved by large-scale FCT termination in my country. And FCTs are used because retail rates for M2M on-net calls, and in some cases even M2M off-net calls are often much lower than wholesale terminations rates in mobile networks.
Going (at least partially) back, to the main topic: of course, those FCT low rates result in missing or incorrect caller ID on international calls coming to Poland from abroad (or from local VoIP providers as well ). If caller ID for incoming calls is an important issue, then this is a reason for which it may be better to use a foreign roaming SIM (either national or international) instead of a local one...

Old
  (#7)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-09-2007, 20:18

works great now with caller id working. On the belgium and dutch networks I get caller ID. This was the last thing missing from the Manx sim.

I do have a new UM+ sim (free update) but don't want to use it because of the many problems people seem to have.

The Manx sims seem to be the best now, caller id, +44 number.

Old
  (#8)
sailorbg (Offline)

Default 11-09-2007, 21:07

I use my Globalsim arround many of EU countries. There is no plase I visit with working CLIP. BUT and wat impress me most is that BETAMAX Voip providers I use (lowratevoip & justvoip) give caller ID.

Prepaid GSM: Mtel(bg), Globul(bg), Vivatel(bg), Vodofone(gr), Vodagone(uk), Wind(it), Golobalsim

Old
  (#9)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 12-09-2007, 05:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbg View Post
I use my Globalsim arround many of EU countries. There is no plase I visit with working CLIP. BUT and wat impress me most is that BETAMAX Voip providers I use (lowratevoip & justvoip) give caller ID.
I also use betamax and always see caller is a number like 70xxxxxx. What about you? Do you see the same or something else?

Old
  (#10)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-09-2007, 19:49

I use pbxes.com for incoming voip calls, (voip did numbers from different countries) The calls parallel are also forwarded to my mobile using voicetrading (betamax) and I always see the +31xxx code that I use to forward the calls.

The mobile is also an extension within pbxes and when for example extension 105 calls by mobile I see +105 as called ID so I know that extension is calling.