PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
TheCruisingShutterbug (Offline)

Unhappy Gosim +354 not working and they won't refund my money :-( - 02-03-2009, 09:12

Hello, everyone. I'm a new member here and I'm hoping someone can give me advice

In 2007, I purchased a Gosim Global SIM with a +354 prefix, because they claim that this SIM will never expire. I hardly used it but it worked just fine, it could connect to the networks in the different countries that I visited and I could send/receive SMS and make calls.

Then around August 2008, with 6 Euros of credit left, I decided to Top Up and bought the cheapest Top Up that they had -- 50 Euros. That's when my problem started.

1st - I could not check my balance. I would dial the number but never got an reply SMS telling me my balance. I've also tried all the SMS gateways they could give me.

2nd - My phone started to not have access to the networks. I'll get signal but it's for "Emergency Calls Only" or it would say "No Network Access".

3rd - Gosim emailed me and told me my balance was only 30+ Euros (instead of the expected 56+ Euros (my old balance of 6+ Euros PLUS new Top Up of 50 Euros).

Gosim refused to refund my Top Up, even just the remaining 30+ Euros (even if they can't explain what happened to my 20 Euros). I wasn't trying to return a SIM card, I just wanted a refund on the Top Up or credit that I cannot use because they cannot resolve my connection problems. They insist my SIM is active in their system, but I've tried other cellphone units, other networks, in different countries... Same problem.

(By the way, I work on ships and move around a lot. So, for example, I can be visiting 3 or 4 different islands in The Caribbean in just 1 week. So I've tried and tested it in different locations, under different networks.)

The issue took months of communicating via e-mail (because I can't always get online and reply to their e-mails). Now they've stopped replying to my e-mail. They were pointing me to their Terms, but the Terms do not apply to my case and I pointed that out in my last email to them and insisted on a refund. They haven't e-mailed since, probably because they've run out of arguments to my case.

Does anyone have similar experiences? Or any info on Gosim? Or any advice so I can at least get my money back? 30-50 Euros may be nothing to them, but it's a lot to me. I'd really like to get my money back.

Kind regards,

The Cruising Shutterbug
* disappointed with Gosim +354
* recently bought a GYMsim +44

Old
  (#2)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 02-03-2009, 14:30

The +354 platform is out of business and i fear all users including myself lost all remaining balance.
By the way: how is your experiance with the GYMsim so far? We are currently using it in Vietnam and Cambodia - in Cambodia it works like a charm, in Vietnam its a bit patchy (sometimes incoming calls work, sometimes outgoing calls work - but mostly not at the same time, SMS is reliable though).

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#3)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-03-2009, 00:04

The "+354" country itself is bankrupt. Been in all the buisiness pages for weeks.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#4)
TheCruisingShutterbug (Offline)

Default 05-03-2009, 08:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
The +354 platform is out of business and i fear all users including myself lost all remaining balance.
By the way: how is your experiance with the GYMsim so far? We are currently using it in Vietnam and Cambodia - in Cambodia it works like a charm, in Vietnam its a bit patchy (sometimes incoming calls work, sometimes outgoing calls work - but mostly not at the same time, SMS is reliable though).

Chris

Thanks for the reply. It's actually only in this website (which I found through Google) that I read about +354 ceasing to work.

I'm still disappointed though that Gosim did not even have the good business sense to refund a Top Up for a service that no longer works. Feels like I got robbed. I could've gotten one of their +372 SIMs, but with how they handled my problem, I'm never buying anything from them again.

(I'm not tossing out the +354 SIM card just yet. We never know, maybe +354 will be revived and maybe I'll be able to use up the Top Up I paid for.)

Anyway, as for GYMsim, it's too soon to tell. I'm in the Philippines right now 'til mid-April and will only be able to test its global usefulness when I start traveling again. We'll see...

Kind regards,

The Cruising Shutterbug
* disappointed with Gosim +354
* recently bought a GYMsim +44

Tags
gosim 354