Prepaid Expert

Default 05-01-2014, 15:58

Did you test on a US number?

Old
  (#372)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-01-2014, 17:32

Customer support has just called me back and obviously the issue of lacking country codes when being called on the US number has been resolved. By the way I was impressed that toggle supports call waiting, which not many prepaid operators do.
On that occasion I also asked for Belgian numbers since I'm also getting the "Country alias is invalid" message when trying to register such and the gentleman told me that Belgium should not appear on the website as it has not been launched yet as toggle country.
I also made them aware of Switzerland being called "Swiss" in the drop-down menu, after the retired senior marketing officer for toggle obviously didn't consider my long list of issues and proposals I sent her almost a year ago.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 05-01-2014 at 18:13..

Old
  (#373)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 07-01-2014, 17:32

Hi inquisitor and everyone else. Yes the "Swiss" thing also somehow bothers me everytime I travel to Switzerland. It does seem a tad bit unprofessional.

From what I can see though, everyone here at least seems to have a little better luck with Toggle customer service than I do. Any tips or pointers on how I can escalate things with them? I have emailed them, called them etc. and someone always promises to get back to me, but several days have gone by without any resolve whatsover for fairly straight forward issues. On the off-chance that they read these forums, (as I saw higher up), let's see if this can speed things up.

My first experience of roaming outside of one of the Toggle Mobile countries has been disapointing. I am in Mexico, and was receiving calls to my normal UK toggle number without problems. It works as advertised at 19p per incoming call which is all good. I then phoned them to specifically query how much I would get charged to recieve an incoming on my Spanish number (which incidentally was not working originally). I was assured that this would be charged the same though straight after this I was charged almost 20 pounds on a single incoming call (around 10 mins). Apart from the fact that it is contradictory to what I was told, this does not seem to match up with any pricing they have listed anywhere!

Does anyone else have experience of receiving a call on another local number while outside of the main Toggle countries? How much do you get charged at?

I do apologise for not being so active on this forum anymore. I do realise I am the one missing out!

Old
  (#374)
UKSTEVE (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 07-01-2014, 19:21

You really should not believe what Toggle CSRs tell you...

That having been said, the service is pretty good as a basic Toggle 20-country-plus voice facility ...

+Steve

[size=2]Steve Gold
PO Box 1014, Sheffield S10 5YG, UK

Home mobie: Telefonica O2
Other UK mobiles: 3, Vodafone, Virgin

Foreign SIMs: Toggle (multi); Germany (Fonic); Poland (Orange PL);

Old
  (#375)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-01-2014, 23:16

Hi Petkow,

toggle has never applied different inbound tariffs for any of the local toggle numbers, so it should not make a difference when you are being called on your British or Spanish number. That said your experience sound like a billing error.

Unfortunately I have no experience in non-toggle countries, but so far customer service has not only responded very quickly to me (usually <2h) but they have even called me back to make sure my issues have been resolved, which left me quite impressed.

I don't know if there's still a toggle representative following this thread since the lady who did it before does no longer work for toggle, but I would try it by email again.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#376)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 13-01-2014, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
...Belgium should not appear on the website as it has not been launched yet as toggle country...
Today, more than 4 months after Belgian numbers were promised for "next week", Belgium has been deleted from the dropdown-menu of possible countries.

Not sure if that´s a step forward or backwards, probably neither!?

Old
  (#377)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 13-01-2014, 13:11

And Switzerland is still listed as "Swiss". Why the hell has lycamobile built this sophisticated and innovative platform but then totally neglects its website and marketing? If they just gave some love to their website and actually explained the product properly immediately on the start page, they would increase sales dramatically.

Old
  (#378)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 13-01-2014, 13:12

And Switzerland is still listed as "Swiss". Why the hell has lycamobile built this sophisticated and innovative platform but then totally neglects its website and marketing? If they just gave some love to their website and actually explained the product properly immediately on the start page, they would increase sales dramatically.

Old
  (#379)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 14-01-2014, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Hi Petkow,

toggle has never applied different inbound tariffs for any of the local toggle numbers, so it should not make a difference when you are being called on your British or Spanish number. That said your experience sound like a billing error.

Unfortunately I have no experience in non-toggle countries, but so far customer service has not only responded very quickly to me (usually <2h) but they have even called me back to make sure my issues have been resolved, which left me quite impressed.

I don't know if there's still a toggle representative following this thread since the lady who did it before does no longer work for toggle, but I would try it by email again.
When I have been within Toggle countries, I have always received calls as normal on any of my Toogle numbers free of charge. This I have tested with the German, "Swiss" and Spanish numbers. I also applied a USA number though have never received a call on that outside of the USA so no idea if it is free to receive or not. Unfortunately my experience suggests that when outside of any of the Toggle countries, you do not receive calls on any other local number (apart from the UK number) at the standard published rate. Worse still, there is absolutely no way of knowing what you will be charged. In my case, receiving a call in Mexico to my Spanish number was charged at almost 2 GBP per minute whereas calls to the UK number where charged at 0.19 GBP per call... regardless of length!! Quite a difference!

I just got back from my trip and unfortunately more than 10 days after receiving some misinformation and blatantly being overcharged 100 times the stated amount, Toggle still have not refunded. In summary, they let me down badly as based on the misinformation, I had planned a redirect from a few important Spanish incoming numbers, which did not work as planned. While I was there I received daily "cut-paste" emails from them saying they were "escalating" to this team or the other, but absolutely nothing resolved. Now they have just gone quiet.

Last edited by petkow; 14-01-2014 at 10:18..

Old
  (#380)
hrgajek (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 19-01-2014, 11:28

Toggle is run on the network of Lycamobile. All things outside normal operation can work but may not. Plesse avoid asking the service special questions.

Gesendet von meinem Cynus E1 mit Tapatalk

73 & 55 (Regards)
Henning Gajek
on air with:
Telekom (T-Mobile) DE - Vodafone DE - Telefonica-(o2) DE - FreeTimeTele.com (DE/UK) - Swisscom CH -

Tags
netherlands, toggle