Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-01-2006, 14:25

ummm, I just searched their website

- No results found for "WePay" -

tried again

http://www.three.co.uk/news/h3gnews/search...d=1137675159353

Quote:
How it works?
A customer on WePay who receives 100 minutes of calls and 50 texts a month will earn ?6.00 credit. He or she can claim their cash credit when they purchase a new WePay Top-up, and the credit can then be used to purchase any 3 services.

WePay cash credits are valid for 30 days.

As soon as a Top-up is purchased the 3 customer has 30 days to generate as many calls and texts as possible in order to earn maximum cash credits again.
Quote:
Calls from non-3 customers calling from abroad and 3 Customer Services do not earn WePay cash credits.
I read that as no top-up, no WePay credit - and it expires in 30 days

the cash top-up credit doesn't expire, if you don't credit the phone for a while the WePay credit comes only from the first 30 days [maybe]. I didn't ask which credit gets used first; my battery went flat

sorry, yawn - somehow I don't think people from other countries will find this interesting - or people from here either .......

Old
  (#12)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 26-01-2006, 16:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
The same happens every day here in Italy, so Romanian students didn't do any revolutionary thing as well! But the problem is that here all operators started to have autorecharge plans...
The same used to happen in Poland too (so-called Bonus Tak Tak in Era Tak Tak) . IIRC, I've already mentioned about this service on the forum. Now it seems it isn't available any more.

Old
  (#13)
faquick (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-01-2006, 21:17

OMG they exported the "stylish" phones too

Quote:
As part of its new Pay-as-you-go service, 3 will also launch a range of stylish new handsets designed by fashion designer Roberto Cavalli for its PAYG customers.
:umm:

fab---

Name: Fabrizio
Some of my prepaid SIM cards: United Mobile Plus + 3ITA + I WIND + TIM + vodafone IT + 3 UK + O2 UK + Prima
My phones: HTC Desire + BlackBerry 9700

Old
  (#14)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 30-01-2006, 08:35

High termination fees, that's the problem...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#15)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 30-01-2006, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
High termination fees, that's the problem...
And a quote:

For example, users in the United States, where the receiving party pays for calls, speak on their mobile phones almost 600 minutes a month, whereas users in the European Union, where the calling party is charged for the call, use their mobiles an average of 142 minutes monthly.

But even in the USA it hasn't always been so nice:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122151/quotes

Lethal Weapon 4 (199

Leo Getz: They fuck you with cell phones. That's what it is. They're fuckin' you with the cell phone. They love it when you get cut off. Y'know why, huh? You know why? 'Cause when you call back - -which they know you're gonna do. - -they charge you for that fuckin' first minute again at that high rate.

After all, 600 minutes per month is about 20 min per day. As for, I think I wouldn't talk so much even for free - simply I don't need so much