PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Wellwisher (Offline)

Default 16-01-2008, 15:03

Thank you very much! This number really seems to work! I wonder whether there exists a US number to send such messages (since a message to UK number is considered as international and can not be sent for less then 15c per message).

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
You can find the information when logged in to your account, as described above.
If you mean this:

Quote:
When logged in to the client program, see on the menu down a bit on the left - Make VoIP calls via your mobile phone.

Depending on your country (well, the country you set the account up in), there may be first a description of using a callthrough access. But the sms facility will be there for all accounts

I could not find "Make VoIP calls via your mobile phone" button in my version of VoipDiscount (though it is the latest one) or anywhere on the web-site. The only thing I can find about mobile phones is on the main web-page of Voip client in the top menu on the right you can choose "More -> Mobile". But this will give you for some countries (US is not in the list) the local rate number that will allow you to call through it with Voip rates. Nothing about sms callback... Sounds strange but that's how it is.

Old
  (#12)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 16-01-2008, 19:18

sorry, my earlier description was badly written, now edited

I mean when logged into your account details on the website, not in the client program itself

Last edited by andy; 16-01-2008 at 19:24..

Old
  (#13)
Wellwisher (Offline)

Default 16-01-2008, 19:46

I still don't see it... But anyway, this is not very important.
Thank you again for this info!

Last edited by Wellwisher; 20-01-2008 at 15:24..

Old
  (#14)
Ichwardort (Offline)

Question 19-05-2008, 10:34

when using this betamax SMS callback via a roaming-SIM-card as e.g. globalsim there is one problem I was not able to solve until now:

They don't broadcast the phone-number when sending a SMS. Therefore I can't use my globalsim for triggering a SMS callback. Using another cell phone for sending a trigger SMS is also not possible because betamax only allows to register one phone number....

Is there any solution for handling this shortcoming?

Thanks,

kr A.

Old
  (#15)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-05-2008, 20:23

I suspect Betamax have discontinued the sms callback facility; I've had no reply to a couple of queries about it.

I don't understand your remarks. Surely all SIM cards send the phone number on an sms? If you meant using Betamax to send an sms, then your ID can indeed be set on the account, or indeed more than one and then choose which to send. Most global SIMs don't support data yet, so using a different SIM one to trigger calls is quite likely

Old
  (#16)
birdibird (Offline)

Default 11-06-2008, 13:38

Quote:
I suspect Betamax have discontinued the sms callback facility; I've had no reply to a couple of queries about it.
I just it yesterday here in france with Voipcheap.
still works!

Old
  (#17)
wilczu (Offline)

Default does it still work? - 05-10-2008, 19:30

I downloaded betamax for my nokia n82 and I wonder if it still works..

It's fine software, cause webcalldirect.com offers free sms, however I can't send the sms..

What is more, I can't write correctly .. e.g button 3DEF - I can only make D or 3 by holding..

The main question is does betamax still work? Maybe you guys know any good software for sending sms? I search for something simple like betamax, because it has really low kB transfer:P

Old
  (#18)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-10-2008, 20:47

This thread was mainly about sms triggering of callback. I think this was suspended or stopped working ** on most of the Betamax brands, though they did launch a brand dedicated to this, called text4calls , which I'd forgotten to add to this thread

** edit - I gather that some sms callback is working again

If you're trying to send sms from the Betamax voipclient program, then yes this should still be possible, though I haven't done so recently. You have options of switching between predictive text or multiple key press (e.g. 3 x '3' = f) within the program, just like other text entry on the phone.

But you ought to check webcalldirect rates, as most of the Betamax free text offers have disappeared, and the others aren't as cheap as they used to be.

There are several other possibilities, which are discussed on this thread - it starts about sms rates on SIM cards, but digresses on to mobile Java clients, data costs and so on

http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/chea...ard-t4299.html

Last edited by andy; 20-10-2008 at 13:09..

Old
  (#19)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 05-03-2009, 19:55

Quote:
This thread was mainly about sms triggering of callback. I think this was suspended or stopped working ** on most of the Betamax brands, though they did launch a brand dedicated to this, called text4calls , which I'd forgotten to add to this thread

** edit - I gather that some sms callback is working again
Can anyone tell me which Betamax clones currently do SMS callback? I need to try and set one up again. Text4calls seems to just reroute to telediscount.

Old
  (#20)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-03-2009, 23:59

Yep, text4calls was announced to be discontinued a while ago, and the website disappeared a couple of months ago; in between, a message said existing accounts could still use up their credit

same brands I mentioned posts 1 3 & 4, or I assume so, but they aren't described in the account any more

I posted the numbers somewhere - I'll find them and edit this