PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
syfirenze (Offline)

Red face 3 Skypephone in Italy - 10-01-2008, 02:55

Hi,
I am about to go to Florence, and I will be there until May. I’ve been looking at the SIM cards and phone options that’s best for me. I really like the Skypephone from Three. I have a few questions. I would really appreciate your help since I cannot understand the www.tre.it site at all! Thanks.

1. Can you tell me the rechargeable plans I could get with this phone from 3? (prepaidgsm is out of date) 2. Does the Skypephone and the 3 rechargeable plan get mobile internet access included, if not how much? 3. Are there any 3 stores in Florence or do I have to order it online? 4. Have you heard anything about this phone – quality, etc. (or should I just get the Nokia 6120 which apparently does the same thing)?

Any input at all would be great!
Thanks so much!!

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 10-01-2008, 09:24

Sorry, my fault, now the page is updaed:
http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/italia/h3g.html

I added some info on the Skypephone too...
BTW, basically the Skypephone works quite differently than programs like Fring on a Nokia Series 60. You are not using VoIP on the UMTS network (with often very low quality and long delays), but it's a normal (toll free) call to a special number which forwards your call through VoIP to the other Skype user. So quality is really not bad (even of course a bit lower than a normal phone-phone call).

With 3 you have a very good option for mobile internet which is called "Naviga 3": it costs € 9/month and you get 50MB of data every day.

There's plenty of shops in Florence, take a look HERE. You can also ask help to my "colleague" AndreA, he's from Florence.

The Skypephone is a ZTE, so Chinese phone, but it shouldn't be bad...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 10-01-2008, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by syfirenze View Post
3. Are there any 3 stores in Florence or do I have to order it online? 4. Have you heard anything about this phone – quality, etc. (or should I just get the Nokia 6120 which apparently does the same thing)?
Ciao from... Firenze

In Florence you have three official store (and dozen not official) by 3 Italia. The best one imho is in downtown, Via dei Calzaioli... they are friends of mine, too. So if you want to buy it you can go there without any problem.

About the quality actually I read some troubles about display, but in the months hope they will fix the bug. Anyway... 6120 is different, symbian based and you need a 3rd application (Fring) to use Skype.

See you! Maybe a in Florence

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#4)
Malkav (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 10-01-2008, 16:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by syfirenze View Post
Hi,
I am about to go to Florence, and I will be there until May. I’ve been looking at the SIM cards and phone options that’s best for me. I really like the Skypephone from Three. I have a few questions. I would really appreciate your help since I cannot understand the www.tre.it site at all! Thanks.

1. Can you tell me the rechargeable plans I could get with this phone from 3? (prepaidgsm is out of date) 2. Does the Skypephone and the 3 rechargeable plan get mobile internet access included, if not how much? 3. Are there any 3 stores in Florence or do I have to order it online? 4. Have you heard anything about this phone – quality, etc. (or should I just get the Nokia 6120 which apparently does the same thing)?

Any input at all would be great!
Thanks so much!!

I own the 3 skype phone (from 3uk) its a tiny phone, really easy to use, long battery life, the skype voice quality is great imho, and the skype chat is awesome!

get one...get one dammit!

Current networks: Orange 3g UK, 3 pay monthly, Virgin pay as you go UK, 3UK payg, Tesco payg, Asda mobile

Active phones: Blackberry Torch (02), Google Nexus one (Vodafone)
Inactive Sims: Oskar Czech R, BT Genie Pay as you go UK.

Spare (unused phones)
NEC 616, Ericsson t68/i, Nokia 3310, Sendo m550, Mototorola v66i, Motorola a1000.lg u880, Sony Ericsson t230. Orange spv m5000, Samsung z400, Motorola SLVR (Red)!, lobster tv700, spv m700, prada phone, motorola l7e, Skype phone, siemens sl65, blackberry 8810, Nokia 6500 slide X2.