PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Jibku (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default [wind Mega] Mega Increase & New Prices abroad - 30-10-2006, 16:01

I received an SMS from Wind this morning, saying that Internet, Wap and imode tariff outside Italy for Mega users would be 0,9?/Kb from December 14. It corresponds to 3,3Mo for 20? with Mega No Limit and 16,7Mo for 30? with Mega 15000... Even French networks are cheaper!

Well, I'll just use my remaining credit and let my Wind SIM die... :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2:

Old
  (#2)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 30-10-2006, 20:14

Is this for real?? A 60 times price hike from ? 0.015/KB to ? 0.9/KB for the internet.wind APN????? AndreA - call the customer care and SHOUT!!!

Old
  (#3)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 30-10-2006, 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibku
I received an SMS from Wind this morning, saying that Internet, Wap and imode tariff outside Italy for Mega users would be 0,9?/Kb from December 14. It corresponds to 3,3Mo for 20? with Mega No Limit and 16,7Mo for 30? with Mega 15000...
I think you mean 0.9 EUR per megabyte (or megaoctet, as you call this unit in France ), not per kilobyte. 0.9 EUR/kB would mean 900 EUR/MB . Anyway, not a big deal anymore :P

Old
  (#4)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 30-10-2006, 22:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
I think you mean 0.9 EUR per megabyte (or megaoctet, as you call this unit in France ), not per kilobyte. 0.9 EUR/kB would mean 900 EUR/MB . Anyway, not a big deal anymore :P
So if I understand this correct the data rate abroad has actually decreased? From ?1.5 / MB (?0.015/kb) to ?0.9 / MB (?0.009 /kb) if we're talking internet.wind APN?

Old
  (#5)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 30-10-2006, 23:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by flodis79
Is this for real?? A 60 times price hike from ? 0.015/KB to ? 0.9/KB for the internet.wind APN????? AndreA - call the customer care and SHOUT!!!
The SMS wrote: "gentile cliente, la informiamo che dal 4/12 la tariffa internet, wap e imode all'estero delle offerte mega sar? di 0,9 euro/KB. info www.155.it"

http://estero.wind.it/it/privati/cos...ero_costi5.php

Exaxtly 60 times more only for the people that have a Mega Option :ranting2: You pay the traffic you have the old tariff... well, really nice to spend 20 euro for a email :wacko:

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#6)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 31-10-2006, 00:28

So did they kill the international utility of the MEGA plans or not? I'm not sure what's happening. To me it says € 0.90/KB but that seems outlandish. It must be a mistake. The Mobal SIM is less than that.

Old
  (#7)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-10-2006, 03:07

Oh dear....this is bad news

I just read it too late as I was right beside the German border tonight visiting a friend down near Liege so went to Aachen especially to buy 60 euro of German O2 topup to cover the next months mega-no-limits and now they are in the account. I also just bought a new 3G phone especially to use with the Wind sim. Really a pity but I suppose it was bound to happen eventually. Just for reference I haven't received a single SMS from Wind.

It does seem a mad price at ?0,90 per KB though! Is it 100% for real?

So from next month I guess it's back to my old system of the ?5 +/- per MB UK Virgin sim.....unless somebody knows something cheaper?? I suppose in a way with Wind 30 Euro for 16MB of anywhere in the world data isn't so bad but I've got kind of used to the old tariff now so it will be hard to go back. I think for December I'll switch over to the 30 Euro tariff but how do I do this? I assume I have to deactivate the 20 Euro Mega-no-limit 1st then activate the more expensive one but how do I do this?

:ranting2:

Old
  (#8)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 31-10-2006, 08:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb
So did they kill the international utility of the MEGA plans or not? I'm not sure what's happening. To me it says ? 0.90/KB but that seems outlandish. It must be a mistake. The Mobal SIM is less than that.
That's what I wanted to say, too - it looks like a total absurd!. 0.9 EUR/kB is 900 EUR/MB (or even more if we count 1 MB = 1024 kB). I think that any SIM with GPRS roaming, no matter national or international one, is MUCH cheaper.

Old
  (#9)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 31-10-2006, 08:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreA
The SMS wrote: "gentile cliente, la informiamo che dal 4/12 la tariffa internet, wap e imode all'estero delle offerte mega sar? di 0,9 euro/KB. info www.155.it"

http://estero.wind.it/it/privati/cos...ero_costi5.php

Exaxtly 60 times more only for the people that have a Mega Option :ranting2: You pay the traffic you have the old tariff... well, really nice to spend 20 euro for a email :wacko:
I still don't follow here.. Is it only for people with the ?20 option? Is the price still 0.015/kb on the ?8 and ?30 packages?

Old
  (#10)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 31-10-2006, 10:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by flodis79
I still don't follow here.. Is it only for people with the ?20 option? Is the price still 0.015/kb on the ?8 and ?30 packages?
This is ONLY for the people with any Mega option (8, 20 and 30? month)... the old price is good only for the customers using the data connections without any promotion

Anyway I just wrote them and I informed the italian TLC authority too... i hope to have some answers soon :construction:

Well, now me and Effendi will go to Malta until next week... but I dont' forget you! B)

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG