PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#191)
SEDWARDS (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-02-2010, 20:53

I'm not sure how much I trust them anymore I just want my money back and I'm sure again they will have the lowest rates so use with caution i guess who knows?

Old
  (#192)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 28-02-2010, 23:19

Bossman and Sedwards, far be it from me to put thoughts in your minds, but how can you ever trust a company that willfully tries to swindle a 74 year old out of $650? I say willfully, because they PROMISED to send him that Nexus One phone, they acknowledged there were two orders, received several tickets on the matter without one reply in return, and then were not too lazy to suddenly wake up to provide the wrong tracking number to Paypal as "proof" it was sent. Case closed and over with, right? Not so... they sent ONE and we paid for TWO.

My Dad has enough proof to provide to Paypal. He sent screenshots from both orders, both paypal payments, and the one shipment, as well as screenshots of the emails begging them to replay, and the automated ticket system message that my account was created. Since they refuse to let me log in, I cannot send further proof such as the actual tickets I sent, most of them with a "critical" status, and Celtrek playing dead throughout it all, but I'd say this is proof enough. Paypal is more than welcome to try and log in on our behalf, so they can see we spoke the truth there too.

Yesterday he got a message from Paypal that the matter is currently being investigated. If Celtrek had not provided a bogus tracking number, my Dad would have gotten his money back last Wednesday. Because they did try this swindle, it's still under investigation. Honest, huh? Real nice people.

However, I don't have a single doubt in my mind that the matter will be decided favorably in our case, since we have ample proof of the two orders, two payments, and single shipment of one phone.

Last edited by Sophia; 28-02-2010 at 23:28..

Old
  (#193)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 01-03-2010, 01:50

Sophia,

I've only used PayPal casually so I don't know the answer to the question, but what happens if there isn't $650 in the account that is attached to their PayPal account?

Old
  (#194)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-03-2010, 09:13

Usually there is also a credit card associated with the paypal account. So, if there is not enough funds in the account, they will try to charge the rest to the credit card on file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Sophia,

I've only used PayPal casually so I don't know the answer to the question, but what happens if there isn't $650 in the account that is attached to their PayPal account?

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#195)
SEDWARDS (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 01-03-2010, 10:51

i understand sophia they shd refund us @ the minimum

Old
  (#196)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-03-2010, 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Sophia,

I don't know and don't think we are not worried

Old
  (#197)
SEDWARDS (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 01-03-2010, 17:45

i think you are covered by paypal, its paypal's duty to verify sellers, i do know that if you wait for paypal to escalate it they wont and after 20 days or something if you haven't made alot of noise paypal is no longer liable to help you, i mean they know how to track down celtrek if they want to, my advice is keep badgering paypal

Old
  (#198)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-03-2010, 23:42

No life in their so-called support forum. However, it looks like a celtrek employee named Ryan gave some hint as to what the issue may be.

why isn't my account working?

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#199)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-03-2010, 23:57

Heh... good Celtrek is a big SCAM!

Edit: it got deleted. However, I will not rest until we DO GET OUR MONEY BACK, or until the phone is shipped to my Dad (whichever comes first).

Until then, Celtrek has STOLEN our money.

This is what it said:

---
Ryan
Removed this topic
Reason: We took the appropriate measures with Paypal and this case should be resolved shortly. No need for names or insults.
---

However I did not call names, nor put any insults there (apart from calling Celtrek a scam, which until proven otherwise, they are. They HAVE not given back my Dad his money, they took it for something that was never sent, no matter of deleting can change that FACT).

Last edited by Sophia; 02-03-2010 at 00:35..

Old
  (#200)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 02-03-2010, 03:33

Ok, I am not trying to change this into a personal soap box, but I promised to keep everybody up-to-date. Today, for the FIRST TIME, Celtrek did respond in a personal email to me. Since I have been open and honest about this whole affair with all of you here, I will copy everything except my full name and numbers.

---

From Jack Mitchel @ Celtrek:

Dear Ms B...,

I'm following up on your Get Satisfaction post.
Can you briefly describe your problem so I can respond accordingly?

Thank you,

Jack | Customer Support | Global Roaming Inc.
20900 NE 30th Ave Suite 603, Miami, USA | T: +1 (305) 249-3121 | Toll Free: +1 (88 5CELTREK

---

My response:

Yes Jack!

I will give you all the details, gladly.

On January 19th, I ordered a Nexus One phone from Celtrek, and paid $650 using Paypal (id s...m). Order number 102....
The next day, my Dad decided to order one for himself, and also paid that amount using Paypal as well (id j...m). Order number 102...., ordered January 20th.

We got confirmation for both orders, and I talked to Celtrek a few times on their live chat on which shipping of my phone was confirmed January 25th.
On 22nd of January I received a shipping confirmation that shipment 502.... for order 102.... was shipped to my address in Canada, and on the 5th of February I received this phone in perfect order.

After a few more chats inquiring about our OTHER order, my Dad's phone was confirmed to ship on Friday the 5th of February.
However, my Dad's phone was never shipped, and there is no tracking number of a shipment to the Netherlands.

Of course we did not consider my Dad's would not be shipped at all, but when time passed, we got concerned. We sent many, MANY emails, chats, tickets etc to ask when my Dad's phone would be shipped, and when we received NO information, we FINALLY filed a claim with paypal, or rather, my Dad did.

Lo and behold, Celtrek came back and gave MY shipment tracking number to Paypal, as if it was sent and over with. Needless to say that is hardly correct, since it was shipped to ME in Canada.

In short, we ordered two phones, paid for two, and received only one. Meaning between my Dad and myself, we are $650 out of pocket as of now.

Thank you for listening. We are getting desperate by now and don't know where to turn anymore. I shall add this email to the claim however, as yet another proof of our willingness to explain the situation.

Yours, Sophia B...

PS You can follow our horror story at http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/inte...eltrek-16.html

---

Is it me or is it time to start to see a glimmer of light...