PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default The solution to the 3G Watcher problem - 01-09-2010, 11:04

The problem was caused by the TRU-Install program in my modem.
The solution is described here:

Why does Watcher display "Device in software installation mode"?

and here:

How to disable TRU-Install?

Works as a charm

Old
  (#32)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default What USSD commands in MDMA ? - 12-09-2010, 15:34

What are the USSD commands to activate "Internet Flatrate XL" by using MDMA ?

Are they the same as in the branded Tchibo Mobile Partner ?

dial *104#
press 2 for "Option buchen"
press 5 for "weitere"
again, press 5 for "weitere"
press 2 for "Internet Flatrate XL"
press 1 to confirm

Last edited by mgol; 12-09-2010 at 15:36.. Reason: More accurate title

Old
  (#33)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-09-2010, 16:57

Afaik Mobile Partner (no matter if it's the generic or branded version) doesn't support USSD at all. However you can also order the "Internet Flatrate XL" by sending a text message with "START DATENFLAT" to 7777 instead of using the USSD-menu.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#34)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 13-09-2010, 07:32

I thought it was your thread here Germany - Tchibo - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access, from which I copied the above USSD commands.
Anyway, returning to my question is it possible to activate "Internet Flatrate XL" by using USSD commands in MDMA (if yes, what are the commands) ?
Regarding your suggested text message, I must to confess that I have no idea of how to send it. Sorry, you only tought me to send USSD commands in MDMA and to receive SMS by using Mobile Partner. Is sending text message just the other way around ? Unfortunately, I can't experiment by myself as my account is still empty and I can't therefore activate it.

Old
  (#35)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 13-09-2010, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgol View Post
I thought it was your thread here Germany - Tchibo - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access, from which I copied the above USSD commands.
Yes, I'm the author of that wiki page.
Quote:
Anyway, returning to my question is it possible to activate "Internet Flatrate XL" by using USSD commands in MDMA (if yes, what are the commands) ?
I described the USSD-based order process in detail on the first page of this thread.
Quote:
Regarding your suggested text message, I must to confess that I have no idea of how to send it. Sorry, you only tought me to send USSD commands in MDMA and to receive SMS by using Mobile Partner. Is sending text message just the other way around ?
Just start Mobile Partner, click the "Text" button and below you'll see a new row of symbols, where the frist one (a blue enevlope) stands for creating a new text message. Hit that, enter phone number (7777) and text (START DATENFLAT) and finally click "Send" to submit it.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#36)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 13-09-2010, 15:13

Thanks ! Two options are always better.

Old
  (#37)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 12-10-2010, 13:54

Hi from Germany. I have succesfully engaged Flatrate XL and surfed (though quite slow to my taste) for the last two days. Right now I received this message:
Tchibo mobil: Ihr Guthaben ist unter 3 EUR gefallen. Laden Sie jetzt einfach und bequem online oder per SMS auf. Alle Infos auf www.tchibo-mobil.de
Time: 12/10/2010 13:00:15
Does it mean I am approaching the 5GB limit ? Strange, isn't it ?
Pls, help and advice what to do ?

Old
  (#38)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-10-2010, 14:04

No, this text message just notifies you of your balance having dropped below € 3. You won't get any notification when reaching 5GB, but you can check the total data volume generated so far through the USSD menu.

Old
  (#39)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 14-10-2010, 11:12

The total amount was around 40 MB. So, this is not the problem. The problem is obviously with the wrong flatrate I got. Probably, instead of XL I somehow got to a per hour rate (if there is some). I don't know, what happenned. But it is clear I should not get a message about 3 Euro left (now it is complitely disconnected with 0.02 Euro left), if it would be the XL flatrate. Am I right ? Even after 5 GB (and I have used a small fraction of it) I should have continued with the ISDN speed. Isn't it ?
Anyway, how can I find out what was wrong? I did EVERYTHING exactly according to your instructions and received exactly those messages as you wrote. Is there any way to find out (besides calling Tchibo), what flatrate I have used.
Thanks.

P.S. I can only occasionally get connected to the Internet during the next 5 days.

Old
  (#40)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 14-10-2010, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgol View Post
The total amount was around 40 MB. So, this is not the problem. The problem is obviously with the wrong flatrate I got. Probably, instead of XL I somehow got to a per hour rate (if there is some). I don't know, what happenned.
Have you actually gotten the message confirming the Internet Flatrate XL has been activated? Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes or even hours until it is active.

Quote:
But it is clear I should not get a message about 3 Euro left (now it is complitely disconnected with 0.02 Euro left), if it would be the XL flatrate. Am I right ?
You would get the notification of your credit dropping below € 3 even with the Internet Flatrate XL if subscription has reduced your credit to below € 3. But of course you shouldn't be billed for any data transferred as soon as the Internet Flatrate XL is active.

Quote:
Even after 5 GB (and I have used a small fraction of it) I should have continued with the ISDN speed. Isn't it ?
Correct. After exceeding 5GB bandwidth is being throttled, but there won't be any additional charges.

Quote:
Anyway, how can I find out what was wrong? I did EVERYTHING exactly according to your instructions and received exactly those messages as you wrote. Is there any way to find out (besides calling Tchibo), what flatrate I have used.
Yes, after submitting *104# for the options menu, send 1 for Optionsstatus, which should list you all options currently subscribed.

Tags
tchibo