PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
Moxie990 (Offline)

Default 17-08-2006, 20:27

Hey everyone ... Now that YM has issued me a refund and wont be sending me a SIM anytime soon, I need help finding a decent alternative.

I am going on a 3 and half month trip around the world, stopping in Japan, China, Hong Kong, Vietname, Myanmar (Burma), India, Egypt, Turkey, Croatia, and Spain.

I dont have a phone that will work in Japan, so forget that, and most sims ive seen dont work in Myanmar, so leave that out too.

I dont want the phone for daily conversations - its more or less going to be used minimally to check in with folks here back in the US. That is why YM worked so perfectly for me, they gave me a US number meaning it was free for people to call me (my fam has unlimited LD in the US) and i would only be charged the incomming call fee.

Now, i need an alternative. Is there any SIM that give a US based number, or how exactly do things like callback world and such work? I would prefer a US number if possible, and obviously lower the rates the better.

Also, the huge problem is I leave the 26th. YM doing this so close to me leaving really screwed my plans up, but i really need to figure out a solution.

Thanks for any help.

Steve