PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Jamester (Offline)

Question Refilling TIM ITZ International New - 18-11-2012, 05:46

Hi all, I purchased a Tim ITZ International New SIM card last November 2011 in Firenze and would like to extend the credit for another year so I can keep the same phone number (as I don't plan to return until late 2013). I see in Home Page TIM.it. Offerte, Prodotti, Ricariche, Assistenza. | TIM that its validity is 28/11/2012 (I assume that's what "Rinnovata fino al: 28/11/2012" means?)

My questions:

1. So before I spend the money to extend, does my SIM card type (ITZ International New) qualify for top-up (or refill) beyond its validity date? (and I would get another year after my top-up)? What makes my ITZ SIM card different than other type of prepaid TIM card?

2. I know I can go to saveroaming.de etc to have someone refill my SIM but the commission looks pretty steep. Is Home Page TIM.it. Offerte, Prodotti, Ricariche, Assistenza. | TIM still not accepting U.S.-issued credit card (even if it has a smart chip on it?) or non-Italian PayPal account? Any other way to do it cheaply?

Thanks in advance all!
Jim

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-11-2012, 10:30

Hi Jim,
yours is a normal TIM prepaid, with the international plan so that you spend less when you call non-Italian countries.
Validity of TIM prepaid cards is 12 months plus 1 month of grace period.
So if you bought it in October 2012 you have time to refill it till November 2013.
The easiest way to do so it to buy a scratch card (any amount) at a TIM shop and use it when you need to extend the validity of your card for other 12+1 months from the day of the last refill.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
Jamester (Offline)

Default 21-11-2012, 15:24

Grazie Effendi - the problem is I'm here in the U.S. and can't buy a scratch card from here. Perhaps I can ask you to send me a scratch card if I paypal you? =) My SIM card was purchased in November 2011 and I need to refill by 28 November 2012.

Grazie mille!
Jim

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 24-11-2012, 09:01

I wrote you a PM.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim