PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 15-08-2006, 16:31

Yep! I would not count on hearing back fromyackie customer care. I had a chat with them asking about how I can topup. The person on the other end asked me to go to the website and do it from there. I'm like...the thing is not working yet. So, some of them are not even aware of what is working and what is not.

I actually sent Cizake a couple of emails regarding some issues last week. I have not heard back from him though.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#12)
lextra (Offline)

Default 15-08-2006, 17:00

FYI (arrived a few minutes ago):

Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:56:35 -0400
To: xxxx
Subject: YackieMobile
Parts/Attachments:
1 OK 24 lines Text
2 Shown ~102 lines Text
----------------------------------------

Dear YackieMobile Customer;

Thank you for choosing YackieMobile. Unfortunately we can not ship any SIM
cards at this time, due to delivery problems by the manufacturer of our
YackieMobile SIM cards.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Your credit card has
already been refunded in full. As a result of this issue, we are going to ship
you a FREE SIM CARD, in the near future, as a gift to you.

Best regards,

YackieMobile Customer Support

Old
  (#13)
money69 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-08-2006, 18:05

I got the same e-mail, I was going to post it here as well, but you beat me to it.

Old
  (#14)
srickrode (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 16-08-2006, 20:35

(Posted this on another forum topic regarding Yackie, but thought I'd post it to all recent Yackie discussions to give folks the hope that things may be on the up and up with YM's service issues.) Just a note to all that, despite Cizake's unfortunate departure from Yackie, I just received an e-mail from Yackie providing me a link for account information and usage, along with a username and password. Looked at my call history to see if it picked up the call I tested with, and it did so accurately. I was charged $0.35 for a 33 second phonecall from my VZW cellphone to my Int'l phone. Still trying to figure out how to change the password, but otherwise am happy to finally see this working.

FWIW, it took me almost two months from the time I ordered my card until I received it (ordered around 5/19), and was extremely close to canceling. I still feel that, if they can get everything functioning correctly, this is still by far the best option for an Int'l SIM, especially for those who make phonecalls from Canada or Mexico to the US, where other cards don't seem to come close to Yackie in regards to call rates.

Unfortunately, I have not had an opportunity to test these calls out myself, so one never knows until tried, however I am going on a 3-country/2 week vacation to Europe next month, and will summarize my experience when I return along with accuracy of the online call-log when I return.

Patience is a virtue to all. Here's to hoping that everything continues to improve with their service.

Old
  (#15)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 17-08-2006, 12:56

srickrode, I think you would not be surprised that the members here are fairly keen and probably each read most of the forum, so there is unlikely to be a need for you to make 3 identical posts

Old
  (#16)
srickrode (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 17-08-2006, 13:39

Thanks Andy, I figured, but it seemed that there were some new users who don't use it all that often. I read it all the time, but yesterday was the first time I posted. I will refrain in the future. B)