PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
sarantoo (Offline)

Default [Question] International Call from within Brazil - 05-03-2013, 06:12

Hi,

I heard that to make an international call from within Brazil, one must dial 00 follow by a 2 digit "carrier selection code" depend on your SIM card operator.

I can't find the more update information on the net for a newer operators like Claro on what is their carrier selection code is.

Does anyone know what is Claro's carrier selection code is?

TIA,
Saran

Last edited by sarantoo; 05-03-2013 at 06:15.. Reason: word correction

Old
  (#2)
sarantoo (Offline)

Default 05-03-2013, 06:51

Hi,

I've managed to find it on this page: International Visitor in Brazil | Claro.

The carrier selection code of Claro is 21 which is in Wikipedia state as 21 = Embratel MCI.

Sorry for wasting the resources.

Old
  (#3)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-03-2013, 08:42

yes, you can choose the carrier like you can do it in thailand (in thailand 007, 008, 009 etc.)
Here you can check the tariff and the dial code for all calls from brazilian carriers:
SIPT - INFORMAÇÕES DE PREÇOS E TARIFAS

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#4)
Richard Gere (Offline)

Default 12-03-2013, 21:13

I am looking for an online site to purchase prepaid phone cards that can call from japan and jordan to the US at a reasonable rate. I am also wondering if there is any difference between the different phone cards and calling cards in terms of quality or are they just all the same. Any information on this would be helpful!

Old
  (#5)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-03-2013, 00:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gere View Post
I am looking for an online site to purchase prepaid phone cards that can call from japan and jordan to the US at a reasonable rate. I am also wondering if there is any difference between the different phone cards and calling cards in terms of quality or are they just all the same. Any information on this would be helpful!
Welcome to the forum. I would suggest scanning back in this forum and look at reviews of various companies. Problem is: You might find one SIM w. much better rates from Japan, and another with much better rates from Jordan. (That's quite a combination.) One thing to note: not all phones will work in Japan - you need to check freq. Others with more knowledge can tell you what phones to look for to use in Japan.
I just checked the rates for a piranha-mobile.com SIM. They are really low for both countries. 15¢/min for incoming and 25¢/min for calls back to U.S. (Data rates in both countries are very high. They seem to get pretty good reviews, here. I just bought their SIM to use in China the end of the month. Just used it for a couple of test calls here in U.S. so far. There is a thread discussing this SIM. If you aren't on T-Mobile U.S. which has wifi calling built in on Androids and BBerries which allow for "free" calls back to the U.S. and free incoming - you could probably set up something using Skype.
Piranha does have an app you can use to make outgoing calls for 2¢/min when on wifi. I won't be using that because I have TMobile with its free, builtin calling when on wifi anywhere in the world. I have used it all over the world from Australia to Zambia.
Let us know what phone you have.
mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.