PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Any special offer for data - 1 week August 2011? - 12-07-2011, 09:20

I had a bildmobile data SIM and it seems that it died from lack of usage. As I don't want to put more and more money into my collection of SIM cards can somebody recommend some current one-time offer? I prefer good network like T-Mobile/Vodafone (probably O2 would work as well but I would rather avoid it). I only need data/Germany and only for about one week and the priority here is to have a low total cost. If all fails I'll use a simyo card that still works with the 100MB or 1000MB "flat" options but of course it's E-Plus...

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-07-2011, 10:42

Currently Fonic SIMs come with € 10 of initial credit (insted of normally € 6.75) while the SIM costs € 10, so it's virtually free and you can have a bonus of € 5 from their referral programme if you fill in another Fonic customer's number in the "Mobilfunknummer/Aktionscode" field of the online activation form, allthough it may take a couple of days until this bonus has been credited.
Except for this there's no prepaid deal (at least none relevant for data) listed at Hauptseite ? Prepaid-wiki (under the "Aktuelle Sonderaktionen" section on the front page). Fonic would also give you cheap calls home at € 0.09/min (fixed lines) and € 0.29/min (mobiles) and it does never expire!

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 12-07-2011 at 10:55..

Old
  (#3)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 14-07-2011, 22:33

According to teltarif.de Tchibo will offer a HSDPA-capable 3G stick (up to 7.2 MBit/s) with SIM card including one month of free internet access (throttled to 64 KBit/s after exceeding 500MB) for € 20 (instead of €30) starting from July 19th until August 15th. Tchibo is a retail chain with thousands of shops across Germany and their prepaid tariff is realized by O2 on the same platform like Fonic and Lidl mobile. Recently they adapted calling rates to those of Fonic and Lidl mobile (most Western fixed networks at € 0.09/min and mobile networks at € 0.29/min). For further details including all their data options see Germany - Tchibo - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access
So if you can get along with 500MB and if you need a cheap 3G stick, this offer might be interesting for you. Allthough not specified they usually sell netlocked Huawei 3G sticks, but the netlock is less of a problem - just search this forum!

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#4)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-07-2011, 20:18

Thanks a lot, it's even better with Fonic if you know somebody with "payback" card. There's a coupon (accessible over payback android app and possibly other means) that gives you 500 points (as good as 5 EUR cash) if you buy the 9.95 EUR Fonic "Starterpaket" from Real. So in the end you pay:

4.95 EUR (=9.95 cash - 5 EUR payback if all goes well)

and you get:

10 EUR credit+
5 EUR credit for your Fonic friend
5 EUR credit for you

Not bad at all!

Old
  (#5)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 17-07-2011, 00:27

There's also an interesting company called qipu.de which pays back a percentage in cash for each purchase at a lot of online shops including Fonic. For a Fonic SIM they would pay you € 5 by bank transfer or PayPal (-2% PayPal fees) after 8-10 weeks. I've made use of this service a couple of times and I consider the company pretty serious, since it was founded by a guy called Fabian Spielberger, who runs mydealz.de - probably Germany's most famous bargain blog.
However qipu works only if you purchase your Fonic SIM online and that again requires a German bank account for the initial payment.

Last edited by inquisitor; 17-07-2011 at 00:35..

Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 17-07-2011, 00:59

Another older offer just came to my mind: Vodafone, who offer a prepaid tariff under the brand of ProSieben (a TV channel), currently sell the Vodafone R201 (they call it "ProSieben Mobile W-LAN Router") including a ProSieben prepaid SIM and a voucher for one month of free internet access over the outstanding Vodafone network for € 55 incl. shipping. This small battery-powered mobile 3G-hotspot (some people call these "MiFi") is acutally produced by Huawei and seems to be a derivate from the Huawei E585, allthough the webinterface and the (slightly bigger) housing is quite different (click here for an English review and here for specifications from Huawei).
Despite this low price the device is definitely completely unlocked (a friend of mine recently bought one) and if you assess the value of the included free month of internet access with € 20, it practically costs € 35. Now compare this to the Huawei E585, which sells at double the price.
If you are looking for a MiFi this is a real bargain! This offer is only available online and they only deliver on account - so you'll need a German citizen with a positive credit report to order.

Last edited by inquisitor; 17-07-2011 at 01:06..