PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
gringo

Default 12-10-2006, 12:37

When using wind in Holland it is possible to call 4242 direct from Telfort(which is a subsiduary of O2. Question, if I buy a prepaid card from Telfort in Holland, can I use the telfort voucher to top up the wind card by calling 4242 direct(not *124*4242#) and then pressing number 2, in the same way as when using wind on the O2 network in the uk? Oh, yeah is the procedure the same in Germany as it is in the UK; i.e 4242 deirect(costs 1 euro), then 2 ?

Many thanks in advance
Gringo

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 12-10-2006, 16:03

Hello and welcome to the forum. I separated your post from the OT thread since it's about WInd and Telfort, so here it's better.

AFAIK Telfort is not anymore an O2 subsidiary from quite a long time and it's not a member of the Starmap Alliance either, so it's impossible to use Telfort vouchers to refill a Wind card.

Anyway I suggest NEVER to direct dial 4242 since you pay 1eur/min to do that, while if you dial *124*4242# it's totally free of charge, which is much better in my opinion!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim