PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
fastsvo (Offline)

Default Travelling to Spain/Ibiza - 11-07-2007, 21:32

I am traveling to Spain in a couple of days and have been searching this site extensively!

While there are a ton of options out there, it looks like the best deal is either going with Yogio or purchasing a pre-paid card from Telestial.com while in the USA.

While data would be great to have, it's not necessary, but I do need the free incoming and reasonable rates calling to the USA (including SMS) that's why the Passport SIM from Telestial.com sounds good.

Any recommendations from the group?

Does the Vodafone promotion of mobile to mobile (within Vodafone ES) have free incoming as well?

Does Yogio offer a free incoming pre-paid plan with data?

Thanks in advance,

-Eric

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Wink 14-07-2007, 22:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsvo View Post
I do need the free incoming....

and
Does the Vodafone promotion of mobile to mobile (within Vodafone ES) have free incoming as well?

Does Yogio offer a free incoming?
You'll be relieved to know that all European prepaids have that amazing feature known as free incoming as standard!! (well at least when you are anywhere in the country where the SIM is registered....)

Oh well... someone loses... the caller pays more!

To answer your other questions, it is probably easiest to pick up any local SIM (such as Yoigo or Carrefour). For calling the US, probably best to use a calling card or you can even do so via a 901 or 902 'premium' access code.
With the risk of potentially sounding Spammy, I have used one such service in the past: Have a look at http://www.0044.co.uk/Landline/Spain-Landline.htm

Another option could be to use an account based system where you dial via a local number and then access your account. e.g Rebtel offers the US from Spain at $0.02/min.

Old
  (#3)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 15-07-2007, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsvo View Post
I

Does Yogio offer a free incoming pre-paid plan with data?
Oh yes, 1,20 € / day for 'unlimited' data

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG