PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
edtorious (Offline)

Question Best plan for Europe Cruise? - 21-05-2014, 21:54

Hello all, first time on this forum. We will be traveling to Europe and Mediterranean on a cruise this coming October for 14 days and looking for best ways to communicate within Europe specifically on these countries, Italy, Greece, Israel and Turkey.

I have an unlocked iPhone 5s and on a Prepaid plan with Tmobile currently on unlimited voice/text/data but up to 5GB on 4G speed only. I would love to bring and use my iPhone 5s in Europe. I would also like to bring my Macbook Pro and iPad wifi only with me and so would love to be able to use my iPhone 5s as a tether as well for my other wifi devices.

I've been reading some on what is the best international plan to get and still cannot make a decision and would love to get some suggestions or help here.

If possible, I would love to get just one sim card for my iPhone 5s in travelling to different countries in Europe and Mediterranean and also preferrably get one in advance here in US before travelling to Europe, if not, obtaining a sim there is fine. I would like to get reasonable voice minutes for I need to make phone calls in Europe and Mediterranean to communicate with tour companies. I would also like to get at least maybe 5GB of data during my stay there. I would also love to be able to have a plan that includes reasonable pricing while on our cruise ship. I won't really need to communicate with anyone back here in US while I'm on cruise.

Our first stop is in Italy and so if we are to get a plan and sim there, people suggests TIM. I'm not sure if they'll have all the items I mentioned above for my needs. Otherwise, should I stay with Tmobile but I don't know if prepaid plan will cover it. Even if I switch to their simple choice plan, are they worth it compared to others?

And so I apologize for the long post but just wanted to get out there what my needs are. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Ed