PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
cameronjpu (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Brazil World Cup SIM card with mucho data - 14-04-2014, 20:06

I am just starting to research my trip to brazil for the wc in 2 months. From what I can tell the Brazilian cell phone market is very Balkanized, with different regions of the country being divided as far as roaming goes. Following the USA at the wc will definitely take me to 3 states and possibly more if I make it to Rio. I am looking for a sim for mostly data use - I doubt I will make a single phone call using the phone network. I use data heavily and will probably be sharing the connection with multiple devices as well when needed. I see some pathetic plans with like 10 mb per day and the like. 10x that would be a typical day for me.

What's my best option? I am ok paying more for it. I will be there for 15 days. High speed is important as is quantity of data, and of course the ability to travel. If I have to buy one sim for rio and one for São Paulo and one for Recife, so be it.

I actually have a friend who lives in Brazil so if something can be done only by a citizen, that may be arranged.

Thanks for any tips!