PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
naevus

Default 23-06-2006, 09:02

I need to send a person to London for business for 3 months this summer: I think to buy a Skype IN number but which plan can I choose for mobile? He has a wifi toshiba notebook and a qtek 9100 (gsm-gprs- wifi). In Italy he uses vodafone but what can I choose for London? He needs to check email from our server in Italy and receive calls from europe (and to call across europe)

Thank you

Old
  (#2)
BBB (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 23-06-2006, 23:11

Hi If he gets an Orange pay-as-you-go sim card they do an unlimited gprs tariff for 1UKP (1.46Euro) a day

You purchase the add on by calling an automated number. If you use the card as is the cost is about 4ukp per Mb

the credit lasts upto midnight on the day you buy it. So for best value buy a few minutes after midnight.

All the other uk pay-as-you-go networks charge a lot for data

Hope that helps. The Orange uk website should have all the details and sim cards can be bought (about 5UKP 7.32 E) in most towns as can topup cards.

Let me know if you want anymore information

Old
  (#3)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 24-06-2006, 19:58

Sounds like two phones would be an idea ...

Depending on the amount of intended usage, for ordinary mobile calls could he use Vodafone Passport on the existing Italian phone for incoming and perhaps outgoing calls? Or if a lot of calls are intended, get a UK SIM.