PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-10-2006, 09:58

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd mention I'm getting the old favourite failed authorisation's when trying to topup my Wind card online with my UK based credit card. I've tried my Visa and AMEX and both have been declined about 90 mins after I placed the order. The AMEX used to work ages ago but when it started failing the Visa always worked so jit seems something has changed.

Now, I really need to make a topup before tomorrow for the mega-no-limit renewal so as I'm in Germany at the moment perhaps the only solution is to buy a German O2 topup. Does anybody know if this will work and what the additional fee for using a foreign, say 50 or 80 euro, topup card is?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Michael

Old
  (#2)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 17-10-2006, 12:21

Hi,
it works as long as there is still balance of the card because you cant call the recharge-line with no balance.
The fees are the same like recharging online.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#3)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 17-10-2006, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticex
Now, I really need to make a topup before tomorrow for the mega-no-limit renewal so as I'm in Germany at the moment perhaps the only solution is to buy a German O2 topup. Does anybody know if this will work and what the additional fee for using a foreign, say 50 or 80 euro, topup card is?
No extra fees, don't worry. Then at this momenti Starmap Alliance has never fees for recharging abroad (for ex. I recharged my 02Uk sim card with a 4 euro Wind refill card and I had... 4 euro )

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#4)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-10-2006, 19:34

Hey,

Well, I;m sitting at the side of the autobahn in Germany where I just purchased a 30 euro German o2 topup. However, when I call *124*4242# on the wind phone and select option 1 for topup with a wind scratch card it won't accept the serial number! I think the number is too short as the wind system expects 16 digits (i think) whereas this German card has only 12 digits.

I need to make the topup before midnight so I'd really appreciate anybody's advice!!

Thanks again.

Greetings,
Michael

Old
  (#5)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 17-10-2006, 19:48

Since you are not actually topping up with a wind voucher, is there an option to topup with another providers voucher, and that's the one you probably should choose.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#6)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-10-2006, 19:51

That was what I thought too but there isn't any option as far as I can see to topup with a foreign voucher :wacko: I've tried all the options in the Wind menu but the only one that will even let me enter a voucher code is the "topup with a wind voucher option".

I hope I haven't just wasted 30 Euro on this German voucher and I'm needing this Wind card a lot over the next days so it will really be a pain if it gets cut off tomorrow.

Old
  (#7)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-10-2006, 20:12

I got it working just now!!!

It seems I had to switch over to the o2 network then call the 4242 number directly instead of using that code. It then gave me a menu in Italian which gave the option to toput using a starmap alliance card.

For info a 30 Euro topup gave me 25 Euro of credit.

Thanks for the tips....now onto some more driving. I just collected a new Merc S600 Limo at the factory in Stuttgart and have to deliver it to a football player in Sweden tomorrow so I don't think I'm going to be getting much sleep tonight. It's taken me an hour just to figure out how to get the satnav working!

Old
  (#8)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 17-10-2006, 22:05

you don't need satnav for that anyway!

maybe not even a map until the last bit

Old
  (#9)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-10-2006, 05:10

Andy, hahaha...very true! However it kept trying to take me to Berlin and wouldn't stop saying "make a U-turn" so was driving me mad. These super complex modern cars are just so stupid (in my humble opinion at least).

I've now arrived in Hamburg and pursuaded the hotel to let me check in for tomorrow "early" at 5am. Thanks to the forum and the Wind mega-no-limit I've managed to work as if I was in the office today. I am now sitting in the hotel with my laptop online to E-Plus UMTS (via wind), X-Lite connected to a sip server using the GSM codec so I can make calls for next to nothing and people can call me on my Edinburgh number at no cost to me

Just for novelty value and to use up the last of this months data allowance here are a couple of photos from today - 1 from the Merc factory in Stuttgart and the other here in Hamburg a few moments ago:

Now onto test the callkey and wind combo in Sweden and Denmark tomorrow.....

Old
  (#10)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 18-10-2006, 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticex

For info a 30 Euro topup gave me 25 Euro of credit.
So only Wind has the extra charge :ranting2:

Using a Wind 4 euro refill card for recharging a 02 UK simcard I had the full credit and not 3 as Wind wanted... strange alliance...

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG