PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-07-2008, 09:35

A good news: it is possible to activate those options even after 14th July!!

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#12)
willis (Offline)

Smile 09-08-2008, 23:47

I'm off to Italy in the morning and am hoping to take this offer up for my unlocked iPhone 2G.

I just looked on the Wind website and via a slightly dodgy Google translation it seems these offers have been extended...

=============
Discover the extraordinary offer Wap No Limit.
With just 3 euros per month, well 750 euros per month of data traffic free surfing WAP and high-speed Internet (GPRS, UMTS or HSPDA), with your mobile phone or data card.

Key Features
The offer is activate until October 5, 2008 and is valid until November 4, 2008 lines for both mobile rechargeable that for those subscription. It renews automatically every 30 days and is valid in Italy.
=============

Old
  (#13)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 10-08-2008, 12:22

yes, willis! Don't worry, you can activate it

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#14)
willis (Offline)

Default Just thought I'd update with my experiences.... - 16-08-2008, 21:01

Hi, just thought I'd update with my experiences, but first a big thanks to all who posted on this and other threads, invaluable information, thank you.

I bought a €10 Wind Pre pay card which had €5.00 call credit in a general mobile phone shop. I purchased it around lunchtime and they said it would be activated by 8pm that night. They needed a Codice Fiscale but my Italian friend used his and bought the card for me.

I'm not sure quite when it became active as I never used it till the next morning but it was working fine then. I sent a text to 4533 as instructed above for the WIND NO LIMIT SI and got a reply almost instantly that my message had been received and my data plan would be activated within 48 hours.

At first I was a bit disheartened by this but a couple of hours later I got another text saying I was active.

I used my iPhone for the rest of the week surfing and checking my email, I would say I used it a fair bit (probably as much as I do in London) and I used about €50 of my €750 credit.

I also went into a newsagents and bought a €25 call top-up. There was no card or anything, they took my mobile phone number and the credit as automatically added over the air. This might be quite normal but I've only ever had monthly contract phones before this is my first pay-as-you-go and I was impressed.

One other point was that whenever I turned my iPhone completely off (shut down) and then powered on again I had to enter the SIM unlock number. This comes on the credit card sized card the SIM is attached to when you buy it, so don't loose it. I don't usually turn the phone off completely so it wasn't a big problem. I don't know if there is a way to permenantly turn this 'feature' off?

I haven't cancelled the plan yet, as I'll be using it again next month on another trip so want it to renew.

One question...

When I do cancel the plan by texting WIND NO LIMIT NO do I still get the remaining time/data for that month or is the plan stopped as soon as I text?

Old
  (#15)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-08-2008, 23:24

You can use the remaining time/data until the end of that month (but it depends by the day of activation)

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#16)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-10-2008, 23:35

I subscribed to Roaming No Limit while in Greece. (It didn't work with Cosmote - see Greece HSPA thread.) Returning through Italy I sent a 'Roaming No Limit No' SMS which was rejected: 'invalid text'.

Now back in the UK I looked at my account and found that Roaming No Limit already had a Deactivation Date one month after activation. I also found this:

L'opzione ha validitÃ* mensile e NON si rinnova automaticamente.

So it seems this one works differently from the others.

Last edited by DaveRo; 20-10-2008 at 23:36.. Reason: correction

Old
  (#17)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-10-2008, 07:56

Yes, it's true, also HERE it says that at the end of the month it's NOT renovated.

BTW it didn't work with Cosmote? It worked for me with Cosmote in August, while it was not working with other Greek operators. Wind has BIG problems with roaming since April, and they are doing nothing to solve them....
Also check on your 155.it account if you were billed correctly, since in the seldom moments when I could use data outside of Italy I also payed the double (like in CZ last week)...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#18)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 09-01-2009, 12:51

Thanks to Effendi -> PrePaidGSM: Data Offers Wind (Italy)

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#19)
bizlist (Offline)

Default 31-03-2009, 07:11

its a new technology, will hope to get bigger soon. its a good post.

Old
  (#20)
dclaar (Offline)

Default 24-03-2010, 03:13

It looks like wind has a "internet no stop" plan for € 9/week, with € 4 activation: Wind - Privati - Internet No Stop

Since I'm planning on using my windows mobile phone (only), it seems like that's a good choice. Am I understanding the plan correctly?

Tags
apn, data option, mega 10 ore, mega 100 ore, mega ore, mega1500, mega15000, meganolimit, roaming no-limit, wind it