PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#101)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-01-2010, 03:33

I ordered the Nexus One today Can't wait till it gets here!

Old
  (#102)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-01-2010, 17:38

Ok, I don't want to sound impatient... I know it's only been 2 days... but I have not heard back from Celtrek even though I asked them via e-mail to verify my order. Twice $650 (I ordered two Nexus One + sim) is a lot of money and I am anxious to hear from them. They ARE reliable, are they not? Before I ordered, I did read this whole thread and front page of this site...

Old
  (#103)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-01-2010, 19:24

My apologies for the tripple post... I can't edit the previous one. I just spoke to them (chat) and shipping is confirmed for early next week

Old
  (#104)
flipper9 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 23-01-2010, 18:19

Does the celtrek sim work with unlocked/jailbroken iPhones such as the 3GS? I don't need the data capability, just the regular voice and text sms funcitons to work. Thanks!

Old
  (#105)
frenchfry (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 05-02-2010, 14:11

Looks like Celtrek is not working. My USA number is not working and the website login does not work. I wonder what is the problem.

Website login note:
"Celtrek.com - Service Temporarily Unavailable
Something unexpected has happened. Our support team has been notified. Please try again shortly, or call customer service."

Old
  (#106)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-02-2010, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
Looks like Celtrek is not working. My USA number is not working and the website login does not work. I wonder what is the problem.

Website login note:
"Celtrek.com - Service Temporarily Unavailable
Something unexpected has happened. Our support team has been notified. Please try again shortly, or call customer service."
Mine is connected to a network just fine and has been all day. I have the Global Roaming SmartSim (same thing, isn't it?). I do not have a US DID on that SIM though.

Old
  (#107)
Moshe (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 05-02-2010, 22:29

My second try at posting here .....

I have $400+ credit on my Celtrek SIM and the entire thing has been down for several days. ZERO response from Global Roaming AND I even tried e-mailing the CEO!

What's strange is that my MAXroam SIM has been fine, not a moment's interruption in service. I thought they were partners?

I can afford to lose the $$$ on my Celtrek SIM but I'm disgusted with the lack of response by this company. It's not the first time, either.

Old
  (#108)
frenchfry (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 05-02-2010, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
Mine is connected to a network just fine and has been all day. I have the Global Roaming SmartSim (same thing, isn't it?). I do not have a US DID on that SIM though.

Mine can connect to any career in my area in the USA. It is connecting to T-Mobile, Unicel(Verizon) and AT&T. But you can not call it use the US number or the Belgium number. With also the note from the website I would say they are down.

Old
  (#109)
Moshe (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Fuming - 05-02-2010, 22:54

I would love to know how you got your Celtrek SIM to do anything. I am beyond frustrated!! If I didn't have my Maxroam SIM I would be screwed. Celtrek is FUBAR on my end and the lack of response from the "support" team makes it even worse.

Again, I can afford to lose the $$$, but it's the principle of the matter. I'm ready to go fully legal on these guys but I bet I'd have to get in a long line, based on the research I did today.

Old
  (#110)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-02-2010, 23:00

Wow! That's a lot of money to load onto a prepaid sim. Especially the way a lot of them have proved to be unreliable. You said you can afford to lose it anyway. That's the bottom line...only load the sim card with the money you do not mind losing.

I do not have my sim with me, however, when I call the number it just gives a busy tone. And the website is down of course. They are having some issues. Hopefully they can get it resolved.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile