PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
ucartech (Offline)

Default Lycamobile UK - 04-06-2015, 18:31

I want to know if Prepaid Data Plan from Lycamobile UK can be used in 3G Wifi Router? I couldn't find the information on their website. Is there any Prepaid Data Plan ( Pay As you Go ) from other operators that allow for use in 3G Wifi Router. How about Tesco Mobile? It seems the plan is the most reasonable one. I am planning to visit UK for a week and I need mobile internet connection during our trip.

Thank you.

Herry

Old
  (#2)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-06-2015, 08:45

Toggle Mobile which uses the same APN as Lycamobile UK does not allow for sharing the internet connection with various devices. So using it in a 3G Wifi Router, most connections are blocked. I would assume that would be similar with Lycamobile UK.

Old
  (#3)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-06-2015, 18:43

Three will sell you a SIM with a gigabyte of DATA on it for a pretty reasonable price (bigger data allotments are available and, of course, you can top up). I bought a gig of data including a complete LTE mobile hotspot for 60 pounds taxes in. A SIM by itself would be considerably less.

Three's network seems pretty good now, particularly in the cities.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.