PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default XXsim now add a +44 number free of charge - 31-10-2017, 16:08

starting from next month XXsim will add a UK mobile number free of charge to all accounts. incoming calls to this number are also free of charge in 150 countries. You can ask customer care if you wish to set the outgoing number to the +44, otherwise the +372 is still used.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#2)
ghostrider (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-10-2017, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
starting from next month XXsim will add a UK mobile number free of charge to all accounts. incoming calls to this number are also free of charge in 150 countries. You can ask customer care if you wish to set the outgoing number to the +44, otherwise the +372 is still used.
Thanks for the information. May I ask you if this number is a premium one (Isle of Man or Jersey, very expensive to call, like those provided by Lemonsim) or a normal one?
Thanks in advance

International roaming sim in portfolio:
Tellink, Lemonsim, Travelsim, Airbalticcard, Mtx Connect.
Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Abandoned sim cards: Piranha mobile, Ortel Mobile

Old
  (#3)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 31-10-2017, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Thanks for the information. May I ask you if this number is a premium one (Isle of Man or Jersey, very expensive to call, like those provided by Lemonsim) or a normal one?
Thanks in advance
i will feedback as soon as my card got this number.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#4)
ghostrider (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-11-2017, 06:43

Thanks, I look forward to your reply.

Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Old
  (#5)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-11-2017, 20:47

Here is the official email that I found in my Inbox today:

Dear XXSIM registered customer,

Please take note that we will add a new, free feature to all of our XXSIM cards. A new UK Number (+447) will be added to each SIM card. This means that the SIM card will be reachable on the base number (+372) as usual and also at this new UK number (+447). This number carries the same benefits (free received calls abroad in approx. 150 countries). This feature will be available on all our SIM cards in maximum 1 month from now. As soon as your UK number is active, it will be available in your account. You have to click “More” to see it.

Of course, you can still add up to 3 other national numbers (Swiss landline +41, USA landline +1) at the conditions described on the website. If you already have a national number active, nothing will change except that a new UK number will be added. If you already have a national UK number active, then this number will have the same benefits as the base number (+372) from now, and no new number will be added. Your caller ID will remain unchanged. If you prefer your caller ID to be the UK number for outgoing calls, you can place a request at support@xxsim.com.

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Old
  (#6)
ghostrider (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-11-2017, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
Here is the official email that I found in my Inbox today:

Dear XXSIM registered customer,

Please take note that we will add a new, free feature to all of our XXSIM cards. A new UK Number (+447) will be added to each SIM card. This means that the SIM card will be reachable on the base number (+372) as usual and also at this new UK number (+447). This number carries the same benefits (free received calls abroad in approx. 150 countries). This feature will be available on all our SIM cards in maximum 1 month from now. As soon as your UK number is active, it will be available in your account. You have to click “More” to see it.

Of course, you can still add up to 3 other national numbers (Swiss landline +41, USA landline +1) at the conditions described on the website. If you already have a national number active, nothing will change except that a new UK number will be added. If you already have a national UK number active, then this number will have the same benefits as the base number (+372) from now, and no new number will be added. Your caller ID will remain unchanged. If you prefer your caller ID to be the UK number for outgoing calls, you can place a request at support@xxsim.com.
Let us know if the UK number they will assign is a Guernsey, Jersey, Man or - hopefully - normal mobile phone number. Thanks.

Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Old
  (#7)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-11-2017, 23:51

Will this UK number also be shown when sending Sms?

Thanks.

Old
  (#8)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-11-2017, 23:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Let us know if the UK number they will assign is a Guernsey, Jersey, Man or - hopefully - normal mobile phone number. Thanks.
Given that incoming will remain free in the same 150 countries its relatively certain it won't be a normal number.

But it will of course be interesting to see how much calls to this number will be charged compared to the Estonian number.

Old
  (#9)
ghostrider (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 02-11-2017, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBK View Post
Given that incoming will remain free in the same 150 countries its relatively certain it won't be a normal number.

But it will of course be interesting to see how much calls to this number will be charged compared to the Estonian number.
I specifically asked them this question and they replied "it will be a normal number". Obviously this can be confirmed only by those who already have the sim. Let's see what DG7FEQ will say after testing the new number.
I also have another question: since their website is a bit cryptic, where can I find the section and prices for other numbers to be added?

Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Old
  (#10)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-11-2017, 14:33

I had contact with the support of XXsim today. They told me, that my UK Number is already assigned and it is a regular UK number. My number is +44 7700 3XXXXX.

Researching it here http://www.area-codes.org.uk/mobile/#077 I got told, it is indeed a "regular" mobile number, but from SURE from Jersey. Localphone charges me 19.9 Euro Cent per minute to call.

On the other hand, included minutes from mobile contracts do not diversify by carrier...

BK

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile