PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 4gitalia - 27-02-2007, 22:20

http://www.4gitalia.it

Anyone heard of them? Seems to be a "global MVNO" using Vodafone IT
in Italy anyway.. +44 numbers. That's all I know.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 28-02-2007, 07:40

It's just another IOM rebrand, more expensive than usual... only SMS seem to be cheaper, but I don't trust them much...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
maccoy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 28-02-2007, 08:40

I think they will increase the sms cost as callblue did...

Prepaid
I: Vodafone, Wind, 3; F: Bouygues Telecom; M: Melita; INT: Travelsim, Zeromobile.

Old
  (#4)
sec (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Exclamation 03-04-2007, 18:50

Effendi, I think it's much more revolutionary than what you think (I might be wrong, of course).

I haven't been very present lately, but I run into 4gitalia and reading their website thought they were different from other IOM rebrands (e.g. possibility of a geographical number, like Yackie). So I looked up at the forum and found this thread.

I tried to find more info on google and found out that it was presented at the BIT in Milan (which is strange for a IOM rebrand...). Further investigating, I found out it's apparently a Mediaset project.

Look more carefully at the website: geographical resellers (several shops in Rome), a physical address in Italy... I think it shouldn't be underestimated: if you look at hop which has been on the market for ages now and it's impossible to find recharges or even know exactly where they are located!

My Phones: Nokia 6230 - Nec N343i - Nokia 6230i
My Sims: Wind IT prepaid (+ Voda IT postpaid corporate phone)
Prepaid Sims: WORLWIDE: Riiing, UM+ - IT: Voda, Wind
Deceased Sims: WORLWIDE: Hop - NZ: Vodafone - FR: Bouygues - IT: H3G - US: T-Mobile

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 04-04-2007, 09:32

I really cannot see the revolution you are talking about... it's a normal IOM card, nothing special. Yeah, they offer also a geografic number, it will probably be a Voip carrier, nothing strange, something like Yakie...
They don't have any shop, they just put the names of some travel agencies in Italy, unfortunately none where I live now, but I'll take a look in Genova in the next days if I don't forget! Anyway in Genova they have 2 agencies, rather unknown and out of the centre...
Also their online store is not theirs, but they use an online shop of electronics pased in Vicenza (and registered in Pisa)... and the Sim4GTwo is finished...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#6)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-04-2007, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
I really cannot see the revolution you are talking about... it's a normal IOM card, nothing special. Yeah, they offer also a geografic number, it will probably be a Voip carrier, nothing strange, something like Yakie...
Exactly. If you can obtain a "geographical" number with call forwarding to foreign numbers, you can set forwarding to any international SIM by yourself. It may be expensive but in fact it's not anything unusual...

Quote:
... and the Sim4GTwo is finished...
Do you mean "tariffe 4G TWO" - don't they sell it anymore? BTW, when checking coverage (better than Manx), it seemed to me that 4G TWO might be 09 rebranded - am I right?

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 04-04-2007, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
Do you mean "tariffe 4G TWO" - don't they sell it anymore? BTW, when checking coverage (better than Manx), it seemed to me that 4G TWO might be 09 rebranded - am I right?
No, I just meant in the online shop, it's not available, but maybe they are just out of stock.

I don't think it's a 09 rebranded, it should have a +44 number as well. There are some strange things... For example there's no Belarus (where 09 works) and there's Bahrein only on TWO (while Globalsim works with free incoming there).

I suppose the difference is this:
ONE: CAMEL roaming (they wrote "chiamata diretta", which is usually the Italian for CAMEL)
TWO: callback roaming
Both using Manx roaming agreements. Of course callback is more widespread.

Old
  (#8)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-04-2007, 17:13

Quote:
I don't think it's a 09 rebranded, it should have a +44 number as well. There are some strange things... For example there's no Belarus (where 09 works) and there's Bahrein only on TWO (while Globalsim works with free incoming there).
I noticed that Belarus is missing in both tariffs. But it may be a mistake just like in case of Bahrein in TWO only.

Quote:
I suppose the difference is this:
ONE: CAMEL roaming (they wrote "chiamata diretta", which is usually the Italian for CAMEL)
TWO: callback roaming
With some dose of imagination, "direct callback" (w/o using menus or explicit USSD codes) which is available with Manx SIMs or UM on fully compatible phones, may be named in this way .

Quote:
Both using Manx roaming agreements. Of course callback is more widespread.
I am not sure that TWO is 09, but I'm pretty sure that it's not Manx Telecom - the TWO roaming list is just too large (http://www.manxpronto.net/default.asp?id=. If TWO is a +44 sim, it may use roaming agreements of another +44 operator, or even not-44 one (like Hop +377 with Areeba Ghana agreeements).