PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default National Geographic goes mobile :-) - 22-02-2007, 20:17

I've just read about it on a Polish portal.

National Geographic Talk Abroad Travel Phone
http://www.cellularabroad.com/travelphone.php

I think it's not a big deal.
I suppose it's a Manx rebrand (but haven't verified it yet).

Old
  (#2)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 22-02-2007, 22:29

They seem to say that you are calling a Lictenstein number elsewhere on their site.
===
Making and Receving Calls:
When you make a call, charges begin only when the other party answers the call or if it goes to voicemail. Outgoing and incoming call charges are based on 60-second intervals. Cellular Abroad recommends that parties calling from the US to your Talk Abroad™ cell phone number use Gorilla Mobile since, based on our experience, they provide the best service to cell phones with a Liechtenstein number, including the Talk Abroad™. Important: You must have at least € 1 of credit available on your account to receive incoming calls. If you exhaust your credit, you will NOT be able to receive free incoming calls in Zone 1.
====

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#3)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 22-02-2007, 23:27

The National Geographic private label is a good selling point but the pricing appears to be a bit on the high side. Article I found that leaks some advance details: http://www.betanews.com/article/Nati...one/1172089163

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype