PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Blackberry PAYG on T-Mobile UK - 08-05-2009, 15:01

Dear Friends,

after the outage of the UM Platform which gave me prepaid DATA coverage on travelling, I am thinking of buying the new T-Mobile UK Blackberry Pay Once offer. I know that there are quite a lot of Brit's on this forum, so I just ask for their advise.

T-Mobile BB payg Pay Once
BlackBerry 8110 Pearl - Pay As You Go - T Mobile Pay as you go phone details

This offer is a one off fee for GBP 179.90 you will get a Blackberry Pearl 8110 with GPS, but no WiFi. The website says, you will get one full year of included Internet and Email within GB, fair use per month is 1 GB. Data-Roaming within EU (Zone 2) is GBP 1.50 per MB, billed for BB in 1 KB increments.

Orange BB payg offer
handset features - the Orange shop

This offer costs 149 GBP, the BB service is an additional GBP 5 per month. As fair as I have heard, the data consumption is NOT included for Internet, only for email, is this right? Data-Roaming will cost within EU GBP 4.00 per MB, no idea how the billing increments on this offer. The only pro is, that Switzerland cost's also GBP 4.00 for Data-Roaming whilst the T-Mobile offer charges GBP 7.5 per MB. They include a BB 8120 which comes with built in WiFi, but no GPS.

I am about 5 to 7 times a year in UK, the rest of the year, I will use the BB within EU-roaming to check emails when on the road. This is not more than 5 days a month.

What would you guys suggest? Which is the better offer? Looking forward to your feedbacks...

BK

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile