PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
spudbynight (Offline)

Default Italian SIM required for DATA only - 08-08-2010, 20:16

I am going to Italy for 2 weeks at the end of August. I want to pick up a prepaid sim to stick into my iPhone. Primarily I want to just use it for google maps and the odd bit of surfing.

How easy is it to get a sim. I am flying into Venice. Will there be a network shop at the airport? Can I just walk in and buy a sim like in the UK?

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-08-2010, 20:54

It's exactly as in the UK. You'll find plenty of mobile phone shops in Italy.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
sber (Offline)

Default 09-08-2010, 11:47

I'm just back from Italy and bought a Wind prepaid sim at a local shop. With the information i've found on this forum i had no problem activating it. Have your codice fiscale handy, they will ask you for it.

Old
  (#4)
noddy (Offline)

Default 12-08-2010, 01:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudbynight View Post
How easy is it to get a sim. I am flying into Venice. Will there be a network shop at the airport? Can I just walk in and buy a sim like in the UK?
Very easy! I was in Venice last week and purchased a Wind sim for my Blackberry and a Vodafone sim for the usb stick for my laptop. Just remember to take your passport to the shop. I purchased the sim's from:

Planet Internet Point, Venice, Cannaregio 1519, Rio TerÃ* San Leonardo - it's literally a 5 minute walk from the train station. They are open 9am-11pm (summer).