PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-11-2006, 13:17

According to a recent German court decision, prepaid credit may not expire; customers have a right to their money back on account expiration. So far, Vodafone and O2 have changed their prepaid offers as a result: Vodafone CallYa cards no longer have a specific expiration date unless credit drops to zero, and it is enough that the account remains active and is topped up at least once a year; this is especially good news for CallYa Compact, which previously offered low rates in exchange for a 92-day non-additive account validity. Now the user needs only to maintain sufficient credit and top up at least once a year. O2 has alsi changed its policies, and T-Mobile and E-Plus are looking at implementing similar changes.

Here's an article in German summarizing the current situation:
http://www.zdnet.de/news/tkomm/0,390...9149309,00.htm

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 28-11-2006, 14:56

aha!

Can this be retrospectively applied for? My Vodafone ran out in September with about ?15 credit on it, maybe about 3 days before I went to top it up.

Old
  (#3)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 28-11-2006, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
aha!

Can this be retrospectively applied for? My Vodafone ran out in September with about ?15 credit on it, maybe about 3 days before I went to top it up.
If the cards credit already expired its a subject of discussing wth the customer care hotline. It was told that some people successfully reactiveted the money, some could transfer it to a german bank account and some were not successful at all.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#4)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-11-2006, 18:34

Vodafone SIMs have an unofficial 3-month period after they expire before they can never be reactivated. They won't register on the network, but customer service can bring them back (most typically, you go to a Vodafone store and top up). Sounds like you might be able to send them an e-mail to get them to reactivate it.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#5)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 28-11-2006, 19:40

Thanks. They auto-responded my email, and say they'll reply soon

Old
  (#6)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-12-2006, 10:37

reaktiviert! -

Thank you for your email.

Today we have reconnected your CallYa number. We will give you a credit memo of 15,20 Euro. You will find it on your CallYa card.

Old
  (#7)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-12-2006, 11:33

Quote:
reaktiviert! -

Thank you for your email.

Today we have reconnected your CallYa number. We will give you a credit memo of 15,20 Euro. You will find it on your CallYa card.
good to hear

Chris

Old
  (#8)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-12-2006, 12:08

Thanks to you both for the info about this.
__

Now I've registered for online access to account details, and I'm just browsing around, and ...

I was about to apply for ReiseVerspechen (Passport), but ...

Have Vodafone altered international or roaming tariffs? I found this -
http://www.vodafone.de/privat/mobil_...and/60214.html

- and from the pop-up box on there it seems that there are different tariffs listed for local landline, local mobiles, calls to Germany, from each of over 100 networks. I'd be quite tempted to believe that these were all out of date, but the exchange rate for British Pounds says as at 4.12.2006, and there are quoted rates for videotelephone (which didn't exist a while back)

Strangely, if correct, it appears that some roaming in UK is cheaper on other networks than on Vodafone UK, and maybe cheaper than the rates on Passport with Vodafone Germany

Old
  (#9)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-12-2006, 14:12

Quote:
Thanks to you both for the info about this.
__

Now I've registered for online access to account details, and I'm just browsing around, and ...

I was about to apply for ReiseVerspechen (Passport), but ...

Have Vodafone altered international or roaming tariffs? I found this -
http://www.vodafone.de/privat/mobil_...and/60214.html
These are the old direct roaming rates.
As far as i know you can not get them anymore with any new card from vodafone.
My parents still use these rates on their contract from 1996 though

Old
  (#10)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-12-2006, 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq
These are the old direct roaming rates.
As far as i know you can not get them anymore with any new card from vodafone.
My parents still use these rates on their contract from 1996 though
A bit cheaper then - especially free 0800 calls in some countries (but not Orange here any more)

I called 12225 for options set-up, before realising it wasn't free like 22922, so I'll do it online - charged €1.49, the expected tariff, not as listed there

- but the thing is, that 818 page is definitely dated Dezember 2006 (maybe the RoamingPlus tariff is different ???) - on the other hand another page dated Nov 06 mentions Vodafone Sweden, which has been Telenor for months

Edit - I think these are the tariffs for the RoamingPlus option, which need bank details registered, so would only be available to German residents