Old
  (#51)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 22-02-2012, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
Your credit card.
my credit card hasn't any premium or international exchange fees on foreign currency transcactions.

Old
  (#52)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 22-02-2012, 20:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
my credit card hasn't any premium or international exchange fees on foreign currency transcactions.
That's cool.

Old
  (#53)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 22-02-2012, 20:06

As I posted in this thread or may be another one, tax is over 20%. More like 22 - 23%. Here is my last month's bill and below that is the one from 2010.
----------------------------------------------------
Usage for telna Mobile (xxx) xxx - xxxx
Total call usage $3.48
Il state excise tax $0.273
Federal universal service fund $0.504
Federal trs fund $0.020
Simplified muni telecomm tax $0.234
Il state imf $0.020
Total taxes and surcharges $1.05
$4.53

Usage for telna Mobile (xxx) xxx - xxxx
Total call usage $8.94
Il state excise tax $0.670
Federal universal service fund $1.261
Federal trs fund $0.102
Simplified muni telecomm tax $0.574
Il state imf $0.048
Total taxes and surcharges $2.65
$11.60

Quote:
I don't have the exact number but it's supposed to be about +10% for taxes, etc. Since the card is postpaid to your credit card, you can also expect and international exchange fee to a non-US account.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#54)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 22-02-2012, 23:43

Oh Guss.. with 20+% taxes call rates get very expensive.

Old
  (#55)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-02-2012, 02:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
As I posted in this thread or may be another one, tax is over 20%. More like 22 - 23%. Here is my last month's bill and below that is the one from 2010.
Looks like half the tax is city & state. I wonder what it would be for someone with an address in a low-tax state like Nevada.

Old
  (#56)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-02-2012, 14:20

Quote:
Looks like half the tax is city & state. I wonder what it would be for someone with an address in a low-tax state like Nevada.
A little additional information. In the US, wireless consumers pay not only Federal taxes and fees, but also State and local taxes. These taxes are normally based on the location where the customer tells the wireless company that he lives, billing address, etc. rather than the location where the number is based or where it is most frequently used. Many State and local governments look on wireless phones as a luxury and a "cash cow" to be heavily taxed. Some of the worst locations for taxing wireless are Nebraska and Bossman's home State of Illinois, where the combined taxes and fees can run over 20%. By contrast the total taxes and fees in Nevada or Oregon are about 7%. Since most plans are now nation-wide, many people in high-tax States are now giving other addresses when signing up for service. Here's a report on the subject.

Old
  (#57)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-02-2012, 19:26

Very true, DrNewcomb. The taxes are going to vary depending on home state. yes, our telecommunication taxes here in Illinois are quite high. My vonage taxes are about 33%. LOL!

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#58)
telnamobile (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 24-02-2012, 15:10

Hi

Thanks DRNewcomb for inquiring about the question directly to us. We're not always keeping an eye on the forum but we're always happy to answer questions and clarify possible issues.

So regarding taxes, our US customers have to be charged the taxes that apply to their city, county, state and federal taxes. Unfortunately the tax system in the US is extremely complicated in regards to telecommunications. So it is better indeed to live in a state like Nevada that doesn't tax services, so you only pay the federal government for USF, and one of the most expensive states is Florida if you are a business.

Customers who live outside of the USA are not subject to any of those taxes since we are actually exporting a service to wherever they live. So our customers outside of the USA receive invoices that do not list any taxes.

We hope this answers the tax question.

Thanks.

Old
  (#59)
biophysics (Offline)

Default 26-02-2012, 04:40

hi, thanks to telnamobile for keeping up with this thread.

I have a nonandroid phone and siphon sip client. and am trying to set up VOIP (over wifi) with telna. How do I go about getting my username and password from telna. I'm new to VOIP and would appreciate help from anyone . thanks

Old
  (#60)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-02-2012, 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by biophysics View Post
hi, thanks to telnamobile for keeping up with this thread.

I have a nonandroid phone and siphon sip client. and am trying to set up VOIP (over wifi) with telna. How do I go about getting my username and password from telna. I'm new to VOIP and would appreciate help from anyone . thanks
You log onto your account on telnamobile.com and it's under a little black & white icon labeled "Credentials Info".

I suggest that you give one of the other Android SIP clients a try. Some clients are much more flexible than the one Telna packages for their customers.