PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
LBarouf (Offline)
Official Member

Default 06-11-2012, 02:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjeg View Post
No 3GSM-operator has implemented SMS forwaring, so far. You'll have to arrange that yourself, by using a smartphone with an appropriate program.
I beg to differ. The majority don't... but a few did implement. A project I worked on recently, we used that setting for a customer in order to centralize some SCADA communication. All SMS-MT were redirected to a central, capturing realtime the errors captured by the probes from certain units, speeding up troubleshooting. Otherwise, a dual active SIM device is a better solution in my eyes to properly manage 2 SIMs/services/numbers if that is the issue at hand. What real-life scenario requires SMS forwarding other M2M/SCADA I mentioned, if I may ask?

Old
  (#32)
Eustar (Offline)
Advanced Member

Angry 06-11-2012, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSimCard View Post
The call forwarding feature is to forward your +372 number to other numbers. It is free to forward to most countries and there are no additional charges to the rates listed online.

Yes, you can send us two United Mobile SIM cards and receive two OneSimCard SIM cards with $10 balances in return. Just make sure to register both UM SIMs at United Mobile SIM card | Free SIM Replacement Program and send them to us using a trackable shipping method.

US, Canadian and other Personal Extra Numbers (PEN) are for voice only. All SMS must be sent to the +372 number, or they can be sent using our free SMS portal Send Free SMS Text Messages Using OneSimCard International Mobile Service or your free email-to-SMS address 372xxxxxxxx@sms.onesimcard.com.

I'm sorry, I sent you unitedmobile sim 1.5 years ago and you give me your Onesim are not! I feel cheated

My favorite sim and VoIP for roaming in Europe and worldwide:

UWT-mobile and Xxsim: for call+sms in Europa extern and Worldwide
ToggleMobile: for internet+call+sms only in EU intern
(VoIP/Sip) FriendCaller or SipCall.ch
: Worldwide sms+call

Old
  (#33)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 06-11-2012, 18:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBarouf View Post
Will replies to the e-mail-to-sms be sent back to the originating e-mail sender, at the regular send rate? Of course, you cannot reply to the ones sent from the website I guess.
You currently cannot reply to SMS received via our email-to-SMS gateway -- you just need to compose a new SMS message in order to reply. The same goes for SMS that are sent through our website.

Old
  (#34)
LBarouf (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-11-2012, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSimCard View Post
You currently cannot reply to SMS received via our email-to-SMS gateway -- you just need to compose a new SMS message in order to reply. The same goes for SMS that are sent through our website.
That feature could become useful. I have some family members and friends without a mobile phone, only e-mails. No issues if I have internet access, but if I am on a trek without anything but a mobile, having a way to reply would be more adequate. It feels like my Spot satellite communicator....it's unidirectional.