PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
stevedu (Offline)

Default Calling US from Austria - cheapest prepaid SIM rates? - 18-04-2009, 02:13

I arrived in Vienna yesterday. Looking to buy low cost prepaid SIM to call U.S. using my unlocked quad GSM phone. Post office has A1 Sim but US calls are 60cents/minute. Grocery store sells multiple pre-paid (including BOB), but I don't know the rates to call US. I read that EETY is cheapest, but not sure where to buy it (not sold at Vienna Post office or Grocery store).

Any help appreciated.

Steve

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 18-04-2009, 07:53

There are more than 200 dealers listed for Vienna: eety.at

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default cheap worldwide calls - 14-05-2009, 08:12

You could buy a Prepaid SIM from Telering or one from Hofer (=Supermarket Discounter, austrian version of ALDI) which are 7 ct/min to austrian landline and all other austrian networks.

Then use DialNow | Cheap International Calls

The SIM will bring you for 7 ct/min to Vienna landline, Dialnow will connect you from Vienna to i.e. USA for another 0.5 ct/min.

Dialnow is a Betamax brand and can be used worldwide. The only important thing is a cheap access to the landline of the country in which you are.

You can save your phone numbers complete in your phone memory, separated by a p (pause) and dial directly from the memory, or you can send the destination no. as a DTMF also.

Old
  (#4)
merlino1010 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 14-05-2009, 08:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
There are more than 200 dealers listed for Vienna: eety.at

In 2008 i bought the sim card online.
Was shipped in few days.

Working Prepaids: ITA: H3g, Tim, Vodafone. International: , Travelsim - Cellphone: Iphone 5s, Thuraya xt-lite and dualsim Watchphone M860