PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Roaming cost: Wind "i-mode PASS/Wap PASS" - 06-02-2007, 15:28

I just subscribed to i-mode PASS/Wap PASS. I was charged the €0.9/Kb rate:

30/01/2007 09:40:23 SC*** Regno unito Traffico Internet -- Connessione dati GPRS -- 10825 Byt. 9,514160

This is not what I expected. The €30 allowance didn't last long - and it used up the entire card credit (fortunately, only €1.20)

Dave

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-02-2007, 15:32

F*ing Wind! I used the wap pass in Germany and France in December and I had the normal billing...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 06-02-2007, 22:29

I suppose this is no great surprise; Wind clearly do not want any of these data offers used outside Italy.

I activated PASS via the internet, but there seems to be no way to deactivate it that way. I cannot send a PASS NO message - no credit. And I cannot top it up from the UK - credit card rejected as noted elsewhere.

What happens now? Will Wind debit the €3/month and send the balance negative or will it stay at zero?

I don't want to lose the card - I'll be in Italy in the summer.

Dave

Old
  (#4)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 06-02-2007, 23:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRo View Post
I just subscribed to i-mode PASS/Wap PASS. I was charged the €0.9/Kb rate

Well, it's time to write to Wind... this is a THEIR problem, the public offer is DIFFERENT. Let me know if you need help!

Anyway I was in Switzerland last month and I had the correct tariff (luckiness, I used a postpaid :P ):

06/01/2007 13:16:29 wind Traffico Internet Gprs Internet Wind In Zona Extra-Ue 735 K Bytes 11,025000

06/01/2007 09:28:47 wind Traffico Internet Gprs Internet Wind In Zona Extra-Ue 36 K Bytes 0,540000

06/01/2007 01:12:21 wind Traffico Internet Gprs Internet Wind In Zona Extra-Ue 289 K Bytes 4,335000

06/01/2007 01:06:56 wind Traffico Internet Gprs Internet Wind In Zona Extra-Ue 13 K Bytes 0,195000

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#5)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-02-2007, 08:53

Quote:
I activated PASS via the internet, but there seems to be no way to deactivate it that way. I cannot send a PASS NO message - no credit. And I cannot top it up from the UK - credit card rejected as noted elsewhere.

What happens now? Will Wind debit the €3/month and send the balance negative or will it stay at zero?

I don't want to lose the card - I'll be in Italy in the summer.

Dave
I asked a friend in Italy to try to top up the card for me. He tried a bankomat, but tells me it didn't work:
Quote:
I tried several times yesterday to put some money on your phone via the bank's hole-in-the-wall. I had no luck. It just said that the number was incorrect. That normally happens if I try to put money on a vodafone number but tell the machine that the number I'm recharging is, say, an Orange operated phone.

It may just be that my card, or the bancomat machine I was at didn't have a good relationship with Wind; bancomat machines here greatly differ in their functionality and maybe there was some local error or other.
Should this have worked? How else could he top it up for me? (I and the SIM are in the UK and the phone credit is -0.09€)

I'll find out in a couple of days what happens when Wind try to deduct €3 for PASS when there's already a negative credit.

I'll be in Italy in July. How long before the card expires?

Dave

Old
  (#6)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 03-03-2007, 10:46

It seems Wind became semi-organised with their tariff changes over the past few weeks. I was on the Mega-15000 since it was introduced last year and until about 2.5 weeks ago I was still being charged at the OLD rate but suddenly it swapped over to the super expensive EUR 0.9/kb rate around the 2nd week in February. I found this odd as they did tell us all by SMS the price was changing in December but hey, I guess Wind are "organised" and needed 2 months to implement it

Anyway, I'd assume that this new rate of 0.9/kb will now apply to all their data pack offers so in my opinion the only one that is semi-interesting is Mega-15000 which gives a reasonable amount of data for an OK price when roaming. At this price of 30 Euro per month I know of nothing in Belgium (where I spend most of my time) that can compete.

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-03-2007, 09:08

Wind-Pass roaming in Northern Ireland, all worked perfectly with the right tariff...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#8)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-03-2007, 11:24

Interesting. Think I'll drop the mega-15000 for this months renewal which I think is on 8/3 and try this wind pass one. Just to be sure I take the correct one - which of these two were you on when it worked in Northern Ireland? If it will work then I think the Pass50 is the one to have

i-mode™ PASS/Wap PASS Con soli 3 euro mensili, hai 30 euro di traffico wap, internet, i-modeTM ogni mese. Attivalo
i-mode™ Pass50 Con soli 6 € al mese, navighi gratis per 30 giorni fino a 50 € e puoi registrarti a tutti i siti del Portale Imode con uno sconto del 50% sul loro costo. Attivalo

Last edited by ticex; 06-03-2007 at 11:36..

Old
  (#9)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-03-2007, 13:42

I have the i-mode™ PASS/Wap PASS (which is often referred to as "Wind-pass")
I fear the second one is only for wap/i-mode™, but I could be wrong...

Old
  (#10)
Landis (Offline)
Official Member

Default 14-03-2007, 21:18

Quote:
I asked a friend in Italy to try to top up the card for me. He tried a bankomat, but tells me it didn't work:
Should this have worked? How else could he top it up for me? (I and the SIM are in the UK and the phone credit is -0.09€)

I'll find out in a couple of days what happens when Wind try to deduct €3 for PASS when there's already a negative credit.

I'll be in Italy in July. How long before the card expires?

Dave
I believe if you have no credit any active Data Options are canceled automatically. Cards go inactive after 11 month without being topped up. Once you're in Italy you should be able to top up your card by calling RICARDIA and use the value codes.

Money transfer from an italian bank account should work too, not sure how that works though.