PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Thumbs down Bad (formerly good) news from the big chaos of Wind... - 22-03-2007, 09:28

Starting today, 22 March 2007, the billing with the MEGA options outside of Italy will change once again! From the crazy actual 0.90€/KB to the still crazy, but a bit less, 0.30 €/KB. For some strange reason they won't send an SMS about this change, but it's official, believe me (even if, as usual, they have to update the website).

It's total chaos in Wind since the beginning of March and the new rules in Italian telecoms, one day they increase tariffs, the other day they decrease other tariffs, no one is able to understand what do they have in mind.

Anyway, from today, the MEGA options outside of Italy are as follows:
Mega 300: 0.97MB for 8.00€ (i.e. 8€/MB, rather than 12,50€/MB with normal tariff)
Mega NoLimit: 9.76 MB (i.e. 2€/MB, rather than 12,50€/MB with normal tariff)
Mega 15000: 48.82 MB (i.e. 0.60€/MB, rather than 12,50€/MB with normal tariff)

Still valid the Wind Pass:
Wind Pass: 2.34MB for 3.00€ (i.e. 1.28€/MB, rather than 12,50€/MB with normal tariff)

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 22-03-2007, 09:37

At the same time they are closing the CAMEL service on the following networks:
Orange, Dominican Rep.
Optus, Australia
T-Mobile, USA
That's quite ununderstandable... and it would be interesting to know if also data roaming is affected...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#3)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 22-03-2007, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
Orange, Dominican Rep.
Optus, Australia
T-Mobile, USA
That's quite ununderstandable... and it would be interesting to know if also data roaming is affected...
What does this really mean - no more outgoing calls in prepaid roaming? Or, there's a USSD substitute?

Old
  (#4)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-03-2007, 00:47

Quote:
Orange, Dominican Rep.
Optus, Australia
T-Mobile, USA
I wonder how this will impact roamers in the US. When I did my yearly top-up, this time I had no problems on T-Mobile. Cingular still did not work properly.

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 27-03-2007, 07:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
I wonder how this will impact roamers in the US. When I did my yearly top-up, this time I had no problems on T-Mobile. Cingular still did not work properly.
You should not have problems since you can use the USSD, but still it has no sense...

About the Wap Pass, it's still available also abroad for prepaid users, while it's not anymore for postpaid users, and with the old tariffs. Another nonsense, but at least this time it's good for us...

Old
  (#6)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-03-2007, 11:12

>> Mega 15000 Promozione Notte

Offerta mobile Internet Mega 15000, 30 euro mensili per 15000 euro al mese di traffico dati gratuito. Inoltre, fino al 6 maggio 2007, con Promozione Notte le tue connessioni notturne, effettuate dalle 24 alle 8 del mattino, saranno assolutamente gratuite! L'offerta si rinnova automaticamente ogni 30 giorni ed è valida sia per le linee mobili prepagate che per quelle in abbonamento. L'offerta Mega 15000 è attivabile fino al 30 Giugno 2007 ed è valida fino al 31 Luglio 2007.

--
Got this in the email this morning. Effendi, does it mean that it is free browsing on mega 15000 midnight to 8am ? does it apply to data abroad?

Old
  (#7)
Landis (Offline)
Official Member

Default 27-03-2007, 11:18

Yep, free nights until May 6th. It doesn't say but I doubt this effects data abroad.

Old
  (#8)
Landis (Offline)
Official Member

Default 27-03-2007, 11:15

Quote:
You should not have problems since you can use the USSD, but still it has no sense...

About the Wap Pass, it's still available also abroad for prepaid users, while it's not anymore for postpaid users, and with the old tariffs. Another nonsense, but at least this time it's good for us...
I really don't trust WIND with correctly charging the Wap Pass abroad though. I'll try it on a Card with slightly over 3€ when I get a chance

Old
  (#9)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 22-03-2007, 10:03

Quote:
Starting today, 22 March 2007, the billing with the MEGA options outside of Italy will change once again! From the crazy actual 0.90€/KB to the still crazy, but a bit less, 0.30 €/KB.
Hmm, but this means that exceeding the limits of the packets will cost crazy 300€/MB anyway - better than 900 after all .

Old
  (#10)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 22-03-2007, 11:32

I'm not sure I'd describe this as "good news" as the prices are still not all that great. I'm not sure I'd want to do business with a company like this anyway - the only reason for € 300/MB (never mind 900!) is to rob their customers. If the've done it once, they'll do something similar again.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell