PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-01-2006, 18:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimon
Also, do they add a surchage or shipping for REFILLS? The last time I tried to order a refill they wanted to add a surcharge. I wrote about that here somewhere. I even complained to customer service and they wrote back they were adding the surcharge for as a processing fee. THEREFORE, I bought my refill off Ebay.de from a reliable seller of Riiing refills as I had done in the past.

Stan
No surcharges added for web refills. Refilled using a credit card off the web this week. The only additional charge I get is a a currency conversion charge (total of 3%) that Visa and my bank charges for any foreign currency transactions. 2 interesting changes: Now it's a direct add to your account, instead of having them emailing you a PIN number (they warn you to make sure you enter your phone number right!) and the lowest refill is now 10 euros instead of 15 euros that it used to be for Riiing/UM.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#12)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 13-01-2006, 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetKen
No surcharges added for web refills. Refilled using a credit card off the web this week. The only additional charge I get is a a currency conversion charge (total of 3%) that Visa and my bank charges for any foreign currency transactions.
Yes, there are such more or less hidden surcharges but they are not on the UM's side - UM doesn't add anything to the total sum expressed in euros. I refilled in the first week of December by 10 euros and I had on my CC statement exactly 10 euros and its equivalent in Polish zlotys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetKen
2 interesting changes: Now it's a direct add to your account, instead of having them emailing you a PIN number (they warn you to make sure you enter your phone number right!) and the lowest refill is now 10 euros instead of 15 euros that it used to be for Riiing/UM.
I think this way of refilling is better than dialing a long PIN via DTMF. IMHO PIN-based top-ups are convenient when using USSD codes (or when sending via SMS). Simply you can edit them before sending what is impossible with DTMF.