PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 10-11-2005, 16:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
Does this all mean that the billing is currency-mixed, both euros and US dollars?
No, it means the billing information isn't working correctly yet.

The online billing is in Euros as shown on their price list (except that SMS charges are not appearing yet).

The "your call costs" and "balance summary" on the phone are the wrong amount in the wrong currency, at present.

Sims: Telcel MX, T-Mobile US, Virgin Mobile UK, Orange UK, Knowroaming
Voip: Localphone UK, Anveo US, Google Voice

Old
  (#32)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 10-11-2005, 19:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTuesday
My GT-Sim arrived today - ordered 24 Oct
Thanks for your first review of a GT sim

Do you confirm that incoming calls in Man are totally free?

I think it's only there because Manx Telecom is the "home network"...

P.S.:: I'm waitin' for GT sim... from 25th October, maybe I'll have it tomorrow

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#33)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 10-11-2005, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreA
Do you confirm that incoming calls in Man are totally free?

I think it's only there because Manx Telecom is the "home network"...
Yes, they are shown on the web billing as being free. They are itemised as "Roaming in United Kingdom" so I do expect they would be free in the whole of +44. The calls are all itemised, with the caller id of the incoming call, if available.

The SMS (including outbound) is also free so far but I expect that's just a billing delay.

There is no information on GPRS in the package or on the website which just gave me a chance to try out their customer service - basically there isn't any at 9.20pm CET. Calling the helpline on the card gives a standard Manx Telecom voicemailbox. Using the "call me back" on the website (with my country set to UK) gives a callback which is then connected to a German-language voicemail. So don't rely on being able to get hold of any support outside European working hours. (and their website form doesn't work with Firefox either).

Old
  (#34)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 10-11-2005, 21:02

Just tried out voicemail - it's very limited.

There's no way to change the outgoing message, and no way to pick up a message from another number (have to call via the phone, only). The outgoing message is in English, this is presumably set when you opened the account and doesn't appear to be changeable.

There is supposed to be an SMS to inform you when a message is left, but this can't be relied on. The only time I got an SMS is when I rejected a call, messages I left when the phone was switched off didn't get an SMS after it was back on. The first voicemail I left disappeared completely.

On the good side, there is (as you'd expect) no charge when a message is left. For me (maybe because I'm the home network) there is also no charge to pick the message up!

You are supposed to be able to listen to voicemails on the website, according to the help. That feature doesn't seem to exist yet though.

SMS to/from another UK network (Virgin) is fine, very quick.

Finally, call forwarding doesn't seem to work. It's documented on the "quick access" summary card but not in the main paper or online manuals, so maybe that is a feature they dropped on pupose. No call forwarding and no way to change the answerphone is VERY limiting if you know you'll be out of coverage for a while (as I will be, in Mexico).

Old
  (#35)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 11-11-2005, 08:03

Excellent review RTuesday, if you like to try some SMS exchange I sent you a PM yesterday, I don't know if you read it. It would be interesting to see if there is interconnection with Riiing and Wind in Italy.
Thanks again!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#36)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 11-11-2005, 11:19

RTuesday sent me an SMS to my Wind card and it arrived instantly, while the one he sent to my Riiing card had not arrived yet... and I fear it will never do... I just wrote him back from Wind, let's see if there is 2 way interconnection.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#37)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-11-2005, 14:31

Got reply SMS from Wind fine, and Orange Poland. Just Riiing that seems to be a bit unreliable (what a surprise).

Called customer service this morning (again it was answered in German). I explained some problems and got some answers:

1. The US$ amount after each call is a mistake, it should only be for prepays (mostly local services in Africa). The postpaid billing and balance is online only.

2. Call forwarding as documented is coming soon (next two weeks supposedly).

3. Got the GPRS setting which seems to be a standard Manx Pronto one, will try that later when I get time.

4. Voicemail on the website is "coming soon" also.

I forgot to ask about changing the voicemail outgoing message. It's clearly very early days for GT-sim, definately a beta-test stage, but at least the basics seem to work so far.

Old
  (#38)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 11-11-2005, 14:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
RTuesday sent me an SMS to my Wind card and it arrived instantly, while the one he sent to my Riiing card had not arrived yet... and I fear it will never do... I just wrote him back from Wind, let's see if there is 2 way interconnection.
Just received an SMS from RTuesday. I received a report about successful delivery of my reply just a few seconds after sending

On my side - Orange Poland.

Old
  (#39)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 11-11-2005, 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
On my side - Orange Poland.
The future's bright!

Old
  (#40)
pschi (Offline)

Default 11-11-2005, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
Well, I suppose the Roaming List from ManxPronto is valid for the GT-Sim too, they show no roaming agreement with Liechtenstein (= Riiing).
So, seems to be normal that SMS between GT-Sim and Riiing are not possible...