PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 17-07-2014, 18:34

Several offers would meet your needs. If you want a lot more data than that, T-Mobile has a card for 5 zloty (=1.20 EUR) with 1 GB to start off, and 30 zl for 6 GB. I THINK they allow VOIP, but don't quote me. (Sorry, bit of a hurry here.)
http://www.t-mobile.pl/pl/oferta_spe...ernet-na-karte
Then there's Heyah, which has cheap international calls and an English site plus 100 MB internet per day (but no longer has decent validity - not a big deal for a short visit):
http://www.heyah.pl/english
Lycamobile has cheap calls, cheap Internet, and a sort-of English website. SIMs slightly harder to find, though: http://www.lycamobile.pl/po/
And Play, Plus, and Orange probably also have deals that would do what you want. Reception is pretty much the same on all networks. SIMs are dirt cheap, so you can always change your mind or get more than one.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#12)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-07-2014, 13:33

Thanks. I didn't realize SIMs were so cheap so I suppose I can afford to try all three carriers if necessary.

(If only prepaid service was this inexpensive in North America...)

Phones: OnePlus 5 • Nexus 5
SIMs: CA Fido/Fongo • AT A1-B.free • Google Fi
R.I.P.: UM • UM+

Old
  (#13)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 15-08-2014, 18:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
Several offers would meet your needs. If you want a lot more data than that, T-Mobile has a card for 5 zloty (=1.20 EUR) with 1 GB to start off, and 30 zl for 6 GB. I THINK they allow VOIP, but don't quote me. (Sorry, bit of a hurry here.)
http://www.t-mobile.pl/pl/oferta_spe...ernet-na-karte
Warning to others to be careful when buying this card or more to the point the similar looking 500MB for 5zł card that's also on the linked page.

The phone store I was at on Wednesday had only the 500MB for 5zł card. The card is all in Polish so it's hardly obvious to non Polish speakers that this is a very restrictive offer compared to the recommended 1GB./10zł card. According to Google Translate: "Pay only 2 zł per package of 250 MB each day." Also a day is a calendar day so if you activate at 23:00 you really only have one hour for the first "day."

So with this SIM even though I only did about 50MB total on Wednesday and Thursday, this morning my card was all used up and now useless. (Technically there is still 1 zł left but without a further cash infusion it's useless for data.) Worse today is a national holiday in Poland and all stores are closed so I had no Internet outside of WiFi range.

Now it's only 5zł so it's less about the loss of money and more about the inconvenience of learning. I'll get the correct 1GB for 10zł card tomorrow and all will be good again. But maybe this is warning will benefit other visitors to Poland.

Phones: OnePlus 5 • Nexus 5
SIMs: CA Fido/Fongo • AT A1-B.free • Google Fi
R.I.P.: UM • UM+

Old
  (#14)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-10-2014, 07:57

There's a new-ish operator in Poland that has very cheap international calls and data and 365-day expiration after every topup: Klucz Mobile. It uses Plus infrastructure. http://www.klucz.net/

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#15)
Leon (Offline)

Default 29-10-2014, 16:10

In order not to begin new thread:

mBank mobile to close down.
According to information published on mobile.pl, the operator of mBank mobile, Aspiro, closes its telecomunication branch on 30.11.2014. All minutes shall be used up to the date. If one would like to keep the number, one has to move it to another network.

mBank mobile is the first Polish MVNO, started in 2006. The offer was aimed to mBank customers, the first Polish virtual bank, and thus has naver achieve more than 3% of market. It was almost impossible to buy mBank mobile without being mBank's customer.

The close down is probably one of changes following rebranding of BRE Bank. BRE used to be an owner of mBank, Multibank and other brands. All branches have been united under mBank brand, and focused on banking services only.

SIMs in use: Play postpaid, Plus postpaid, nju
former SIMs:
mBank mobile, T-Mobile, Simlus, POP, Tak-Tak, Heyah, GaduAIR CH: Orange DE: E-Plus, Ortel DK: Lebara, Sonofon SE: Telenor

Old
  (#16)
Leon (Offline)

Default 20-11-2014, 08:34

On September the new MVNO brand has started.
The brand Izzi is held by operator Ahmes sp. z o.o. (Ahmes Ltd.) that has already been holding brand Tele25.
Izzi targets to young and active people. Logo and whole visualisation of brand seem to be "dynamic" and "free".

Prices:
Starter cost: 5 zł incl. 1 zł for calls (unless you move number from another network, then it's free)

voice calls to all networks in Poland - 0,19 zł / 0,05 €
video calls to all networks in Poland - 0,19 zł / 0,05 €
sms to Poland networks - 0,09 zł / 0,02 €
voice and video to Izzi and Play 30 days after topup - free

Calls to Europe, Canada and the US - 2,00 zł / 0,52 €
SMS - 0,50 zł / 0,13 €
Calls to the rest of World - 4,00 zł / 1,05 €
SMS - 0,50 zł / 0,13 €

Number is Valid 1 year after every topup.
Minimum topup is 25,00 zł / 6,50 €

Where to buy?
At the moment it is accessable only via Internet (their website or allegro.pl).
They are to cooperate with some Polish discount, grocery and petrol brands.

Information (in Polish) at www.izzinakarte.pl

SIMs in use: Play postpaid, Plus postpaid, nju
former SIMs:
mBank mobile, T-Mobile, Simlus, POP, Tak-Tak, Heyah, GaduAIR CH: Orange DE: E-Plus, Ortel DK: Lebara, Sonofon SE: Telenor

Old
  (#17)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-05-2015, 09:00

After several months using Klucz, I've noticed one annoying and expensive trait: If you book an internet package, and it runs out, Klucz keeps going, charging your internet use at the normal rate, eating up the rest of your credit immediately. (It does send an SMS warning, but you can easily miss this.)

This even happens if you book a second internet package well before the first one expires. There seems to be a time after the first one expires and before the second one starts in which internet use is billed at the normal rate, so your balance still disappears.

For an offer that is otherwise so great, this is infuriating and unfair.

Tags
poland warsaw sim