PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 18-11-2011, 21:41

DrNewcomb, are you able to send sms successfully? I tried a few times but was not. They all failed. Is this not functional yet? No problem receiving sms.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#32)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 18-11-2011, 23:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
DrNewcomb, are you able to send sms successfully? I tried a few times but was not. They all failed. Is this not functional yet? No problem receiving sms.
I was able to send and receive texts between Telna and a number of carriers, including Google Voice. The one I had a problem with was CellularSouth (now rebranded CSpire Wireless) and as I recall, that was just in one direction (CSpire -> Telna). Haven't tested it recently.

Old
  (#33)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 18-11-2011, 23:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
Their SIP service also works through Fring, although I have not checked to see that Fring deregisters the connection when you drop WiFi connection, which is necessary if you wish to receive calls via cellular.
The connection does drop a couple of minutes after you exit Fring, so that's a viable alternative.

Old
  (#34)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 19-11-2011, 02:59

Thanks. Sending sms seems to be working now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
I was able to send and receive texts between Telna and a number of carriers, including Google Voice. The one I had a problem with was CellularSouth (now rebranded CSpire Wireless) and as I recall, that was just in one direction (CSpire -> Telna). Haven't tested it recently.

Old
  (#35)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 19-11-2011, 14:45

On Android phones the VoIP service also works well with SipDroid. Now if I could just get it to work with the native SIP client on my Nokia E61. I have two other SIP accounts working on that phone but can't get Telna to work.

Old
  (#36)
joyful (Offline)

Default Telna Mobile and taxes - be advised - 18-12-2011, 13:42

On Dec. 16, 2011, received monthly bill from Telna. It included for the first time charges for Mobile calls that were the result of Telna SIM card purchased in June 2011. The plan was that the SIM would be used for overseas, and once back stateside, in US locations. Fortunately, it did not work overseas and in the remote US locations. Thus, it was only used for one day in June and four days in August.

Here are the charges for (5) days of Mobile SIM use. Calls and Text all placed within US and to US mobile lines.

From Dec. 16, 2011, invoice:
$3.91 for Telna Mobile
$0.00 for WIFI

$169.53 - Federal UniversalServiceFund
$288.82 - state sales tax and state gross receipts tax

I am not pleased. If I had received the June charges on my July bill, I would have noticed something was askew and would have prevented the August use of the SIM.

Old
  (#37)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 18-12-2011, 13:53

I'd suggest you contact telna right away. Those tax amounts certainly look like an error. It's impossible to have those kinds of taxes on a $3.91 usage. When I used the Old telna, my taxes came to about 20% or so of my usage. What you are showing better be an error in their billing system

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful View Post
On Dec. 16, 2011, received monthly bill from Telna. It included for the first time charges for Mobile calls that were the result of Telna SIM card purchased in June 2011. The plan was that the SIM would be used for overseas, and once back stateside, in US locations. Fortunately, it did not work overseas and in the remote US locations. Thus, it was only used for one day in June and four days in August.

Here are the charges for (5) days of Mobile SIM use. Calls and Text all placed within US and to US mobile lines.

$3.91 for Telna Mobile
$0.00 for WIFI

I am not pleased. If I had received the June charges on my July bill, I would have noticed something was askew and would have prevented the August use of the SIM.

Old
  (#38)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 19-12-2011, 04:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful View Post

$3.91 for Telna Mobile
$0.00 for WIFI

This has to be an error in the billing system. Any company that did this intentionally would have a life expectancy measured in nanoseconds.

Old
  (#39)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-12-2011, 19:34

Joyful, let us know if you contacted Telna and were able to resolve this obvious billing error. Below is my taxes for when I used it a couple of years ago. The new sim is with my son and he uses it mostly for sms (to US number), which is free. But, I have not got the bill yet, for the few calls he has made.

Total call usage $8.94
Il state excise tax $0.670
Federal universal service fund $1.261
Federal trs fund $0.102
Simplified muni telecomm tax $0.574
Il state imf $0.048
Total taxes and surcharges $2.65

Old
  (#40)
telnamobile (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 19-01-2012, 17:39

Just chiming in here: the issue that occurred with "joyful" where the customer was charged 450$ in taxes for $3.91 in usage was of course a problem in our billing system. The bill was adjusted on the same day the customer reported this to us, and we have fixed the underlying cause so that this issue will not occur again.

I definitely concur with this comment: "Any company that did this intentionally would have a life expectancy measured in nanoseconds."