PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#41)
Grampa (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-05-2009, 23:34

Does this service support forwarding of the Telna number, and if so, at what cost? For example, I might like to forward the number to my land line or cell when I'm not traveling.

Old
  (#42)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-05-2009, 01:13

Okay, I tried to order your card. I entered all my info, chose a number, and at the end where it asks for initials and electronic signature, when I click on continue I kept getting an error that the number I chose has been taken. I went back and chose a different state/number. Tried at least 6 different numbers but the same thing. So, I did not complete my order. So, something is wrong with your system. See message below: Which is very unlikely.

"We're sorry but at least one of the numbers you picked was selected by another customer at the same time you did."

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#43)
telnamobile (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 07-05-2009, 01:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
Okay, I tried to order your card. I entered all my info, chose a number, and at the end where it asks for initials and electronic signature, when I click on continue I kept getting an error that the number I chose has been taken. I went back and chose a different state/number. Tried at least 6 different numbers but the same thing. So, I did not complete my order. So, something is wrong with your system. See message below: Which is very unlikely.

"We're sorry but at least one of the numbers you picked was selected by another customer at the same time you did."
Ooops. It looks like someone forgot to properly test their PHP code. I got this fixed, so there shouldn't be this bug anymore. Sorry about that Bossman.

Old
  (#44)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-05-2009, 01:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
Does this service support forwarding of the Telna number, and if so, at what cost? For example, I might like to forward the number to my land line or cell when I'm not traveling.
Here's a list of what would probably make an ideal offering:
1. Reasonable rates in many countries. We already have Mobal, which has great coverage but whose rates are not very reasonable. So, any offering needs to be reasonable.
2. Voicemail which does not involve multiple international diverts which run the cost up. This is a failing of many traditional carriers.
3. Flexible configuration. The customer should be able to forward incoming calls to other destinations: international numbers or VOIP numbers. (See #1) It should be possible to set up filters for incoming calls if you want. Some can ring through, some go right to VM and some can be told your not in service. Voicemail might allow for a secret PIN which will bypass the filters. So, if it's 2:00 AM in India and I have set the phone to "Do not disturb" (See #10) but my boss or wife has an emergency, he/she can use the PIN to make the phone ring anyway.
4. Can be called via a SIP address to allow forwarding from home PBXs and maybe even being called via SIPBroker access numbers.
5. Voicemail can be: 1) accessed by phone, SIP, or web or 2) forwarded as an e-mail attachment.
6. Can be set to either ring a SIP number and the mobile phone at the same time or if the VOIP is connected to just ring VOIP. Many customers really like to use their home cellular carrier's VOIP adjunct when traveling (e.g. T-Mobile H@H). This is a similar situation.
7. A good selection of DID numbers. At least one POP in each State would be nice. One in each area code would be ideal.
8. SMS forwarding to other cells or even to e-mail would be nice.
9. GPRS (See #1)
10. A cool little Java applet for your smartphone that allows you to do most of the configuration functions securely via GPRS or WiFi using a minimum of data traffic.

Any other suggestions?

Old
  (#45)
telnamobile (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 07-05-2009, 02:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
Here's a list of what would probably make an ideal offering:
1. Reasonable rates in many countries. We already have Mobal, which has great coverage but whose rates are not very reasonable. So, any offering needs to be reasonable.
We believe our rates are pretty reasonable wherever possible.

Quote:
2. Voicemail which does not involve multiple international diverts which run the cost up. This is a failing of many traditional carriers.
When people call your telna Mobile and hit your voicemail, you do not pay anything for that call. You can easily check your voicemail online for free, or receive it as an attachment via email.

Quote:
3. Flexible configuration. The customer should be able to forward incoming calls to other destinations: international numbers or VOIP numbers. (See #1)
Forward to US or international destinations of the telna Mobile number should be possible shortly at telna regular long distance rates. Forward to a SIP account would come later on, once we create a proper VOIP offering.

Quote:
It should be possible to set up filters for incoming calls if you want. Some can ring through, some go right to VM and some can be told your not in service. Voicemail might allow for a secret PIN which will bypass the filters. So, if it's 2:00 AM in India and I have set the phone to "Do not disturb" (See #10) but my boss or wife has an emergency, he/she can use the PIN to make the phone ring anyway.
Interesting idea. We added it to the roadmap.

Quote:
4. Can be called via a SIP address to allow forwarding from home PBXs and maybe even being called via SIPBroker access numbers.
This is now possible (following request in this forum). Just send your incoming call via SIP protocol to 12345678900@voip.telnamobile.com where 12345678900 is your telna Mobile phone number in E164 format.

Quote:
5. Voicemail can be: 1) accessed by phone, SIP, or web or 2) forwarded as an e-mail attachment.
Voicemail is already available via phone: either from telna Mobile phone, but you are charged the cost of an incoming call in the country where you are, or from any other phone in the world (cost of an international call to the telna Mobile US number). Voicemail are also available for free on our website and you can setup an automatic email forward.

Quote:
6. Can be set to either ring a SIP number and the mobile phone at the same time or if the VOIP is connected to just ring VOIP. Many customers really like to use their home cellular carrier's VOIP adjunct when traveling (e.g. T-Mobile H@H). This is a similar situation.
This will be for later once we have a real VOIP offering.

Quote:
7. A good selection of DID numbers. At least one POP in each State would be nice. One in each area code would be ideal.
Currently we have 3 states, we extend to 6 states within 3 weeks. We will most likely grow to as many states as possible based on customers interest for the service.

Quote:
8. SMS forwarding to other cells or even to e-mail would be nice.
Forwarding to email was already scheduled. Forwarding to other cells is a good idea and we add it to the roadmap.

Quote:
9. GPRS (See #1)
As soon as we have proper control of data flow we'll offer the GPRS.

Quote:
10. A cool little Java applet for your smartphone that allows you to do most of the configuration functions securely via GPRS or WiFi using a minimum of data traffic.
Sorry we won't offer a Java applet. However we'll have a light mobile web page for settings later on, as well as an API which would allow anyone who wants to make their own java applet.

Quote:
Any other suggestions?
Thank you very much for the suggestions!

Old
  (#46)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-05-2009, 03:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by telnamobile View Post
Sorry we won't offer a Java applet. However we'll have a light mobile web page for settings later on, as well as an API which would allow anyone who wants to make their own java applet.
Hmmm. Sounds like fun but I'd probably try getting it to work in S60 Python first.

Old
  (#47)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 07-05-2009, 09:08

Hi Herve. Sorry I joined this thread a bit late but this looks extremely promising, and I am interested. Just briefly do I need to send in my redundant SIM to get this? Or is it just a case of ordering a card as normal and then writing to/phoning customer services to get the 1st years fee waived? Sorry I am being lazy, but it saves me reading through 5 pages of this thread to find the answer (as I am sure is here somewhere).

My SIM is not Celtrek but it is one found on: PrePaidGSM.net: International GSM Operators

Old
  (#48)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-05-2009, 09:19

Question: When does your system start to charge for out going calls. When the other party picks up (like most other callback systems), or when I answer the callback? I ask this because when maxroam and celtrek were using an Israeli provider they charge you as soon as you answer the callback. So, you get charged for at least a minute even if you call a busy number, invalid number, etc.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#49)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 07-05-2009, 09:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by telnamobile View Post
Hi
...I can tell you that the SIMs are coming from an Israeli mobile operators. ...
Shame. Big problem for those of us needing something for any other country in the Middle East. Service not available in UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Syria.

But lebanon and Jordan yes!

(Sorry Bossman... completely unrelated to your question... but I just picked up on that!)

Old
  (#50)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-05-2009, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
Shame. Big problem for those of us needing something for any other country in the Middle East. Service not available in UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Syria.
There's actually a big swath of counties running from Algeria to Malaysia where service can get pretty thin.