PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-03-2016, 14:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggking7 View Post
You're still misunderstanding. All of the carriers I talked to except for Happy Movil and Tuenti only allow you to buy more data allowance *once* per month. Happy Movil and Tuenti allow you to buy more data allowance an unlimited number of times per month.
Orange Spain also allows renewals of the data allowance of their prepaid plans (Mundo, Ballena, Ardilla) at any time:
https://ayuda.orange.es/particulares...ion-anticipada

If you do it before using the allowance completely, any unused volume of your previous allowance will be lost. So one always starts with the volume of the new allowance only.

The place to do it is a bit hidden in a web user area:
Contrata / Módulos de ahorro / Ahorro en navegación / Renueva los megas de tu tarifa

Old
  (#12)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-04-2016, 13:20

.Tuenti (4G coverage on Movistar network) seems to have a new tariff offering 2 GB per 7 euros. The offer is available until the end of September.

Old
  (#13)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 17-06-2017, 01:57

Well I tried to see if I could buy a Tuenti SIM on my trip to Mallorca in April.

The place I was staying at was an apartment in Palma but they didn't really have a secure mailbox so I couldn't order it and send it there.

I tried the Movistar store and they didn't have it, so I had to buy the Movistar SIM, which wasn't such a great deal.

FNAC stores were suppose to have prepaid SIMs from all the carriers but they said they were out of them.

Going again in about a month, to Bilbao and San Sebastian. Hoping I have better luck because they're offering 12 GB for 14 Euros during their promotion.

Old
  (#14)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-06-2017, 08:40

I'm in Madrid at the moment and both Movistar stores I've tried here are also out of Tuenti. I think the word is out.

Old
  (#15)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 17-06-2017, 16:45

I think Movistar has no incentive to sell you the Tuenti vs. their own product, since Tuenti is more generous with the data at the same prices.

Plus the setup must be more cumbersome with the Tuenti app.

Old
  (#16)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-06-2017, 19:19

They have an incentive since I'll go to Vodaphone if they won't sell me Tuenti (which I did).

Old
  (#17)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-06-2017, 05:15

Hmm, according to the Prepaid Wikia, it's shady the way they price-discriminate against foreigners on the Tuenti.

So I was going to try to order it online, not search for stores.

Old
  (#18)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-06-2017, 06:35

That is sad but not applicable in this case. My wife is Spanish and she was the one trying to buy a Tuenti SIM.

Can you give me a link to the Prepaid Wikia?

Old
  (#19)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-06-2017, 07:14

Here it is:

http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Spain

And here's the account about Tuenti and foreigners:

Quote:
Extra rules for foreignersEdit
Legally they are not allowed to discriminate foreigners, but tuenti has invented some special rules for them: In physical stores like Movistar shops you can do the registration only by showing your passport. Unlike holders of Spanish ID cards (DNI, NIE) you'll have to pay 25 € and the only option to choose is the 7 € package. The rest will be given as a 18 € card balance.

This policy is not enforced if you order it online. You can use your passport ID or Spanish ID cards (called DNI and NIE) online and pay with a credit card or cash-on-delivery and choose any package you like. They'll send it to any Spanish address like your hotel.

Old
  (#20)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 26-06-2017, 07:34

Great wiki, thanks!