PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#51)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 08-08-2009, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
I woud have to think that most folks in the US would not care about the area code assigned to an international sim, since they will be forwarding their local number (mobile, home, work, etc. ) to it. At least for me, I do not have a reason to give out the DID. So, any US number that works is fine.
Give the half life for roaming SIMs, I never give their number out and hide it behind a forward. Then again, I don't have to text through them which gives me a huge advantage.

Old
  (#52)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-08-2009, 14:06

Exactly! I do not care what the sms rate is, because I will not be using it for texting. Even for outgoing calls, with sims like Telna mobile, you can configure it to show any number you want as the caller ID. So, I just configure mine to show my AT&T mobile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Give the half life for roaming SIMs, I never give their number out and hide it behind a forward. Then again, I don't have to text through them which gives me a huge advantage.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#53)
davidtheprof (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-06-2011, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
Some things worth noting and checking when comparing GeoSIM and eKit. As with all such products, all have their particular merits and may be more suited to some customers and not others.

From our review:

There is a $0.35 connection fee on all inbound and outbound calls (even when called on the +44 number). Although I'm not sure if that this applies in free inbound countries.

Calls to mobiles from EU countries such as Bulgaria are as high as $1.19 per minute plus $0.35 connection charge.

There is a $0.40 USD per minute surcharge when you make a call to a cell phone (does not apply when calling to a US or Canadian cell phone). This means that if you are in Bulgaria calling a UK mobile the cost would be: $1.19 per minute plus surcharge of $0.40 per minute plus connection charge of $0.35.

Sending SMS from EU countries is $0.69.

Cost of $0.10 to receive SMS on US number.

I stand to be correct if I have mis interpreted, but leave it to potential customers to review the respective websites accordingly and to choose the SIM that is most suited to their needs.
I used to use GEOSIM a lot when traveling, but a while back they had a problem with the provider and switched us to new sim cards - my new one does not work on any of my phones, I've got a $70 balance, and I'm getting no useful help from their online service.

Truphone is generally cheaper, no annual renewal fee, and much better data rates.

Old
  (#54)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-06-2011, 10:48

David I had use geosim in the past but some time ago their customer database seemed to have been hacked and customers received spam messages.

Since than geosim has not repsonded here anymore on qestion about this hack. This made them for me a company not to use anymore.

Also some time ago they suddenly switched to a fair use systems not specifying what the ration's are.

So other alternatives would be better to use.