PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-02-2014, 16:54

Isn't Alditalk requesting registration with a German address before activating the card? In that case it might not be too easy to get this SIM for the persons residing outside of Germany.

Actually I do not understand under which premise the EU mobile operators can afford to reject sales to persons resident in a different country:
The EU claims: "You have the right to buy from a service provider located in another EU country without price discrimination and without having the seller refuse to sell to you simply because you live in a different EU country. However, if there are objective reasons for the seller to refuse to sell to you, that seller may be within their rights."

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm

In the case of prepaid service where it is not possible to make debths and there is no real contract between the operator and the user I do not see any objective reason for this limitation.

Old
  (#12)
gkeeper (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-02-2014, 17:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdoo View Post
Isn't Alditalk requesting registration with a German address before activating the card? In that case it might not be too easy to get this SIM for the persons residing outside of Germany.

Actually I do not understand under which premise the EU mobile operators can afford to reject sales to persons resident in a different country:
The EU claims: "You have the right to buy from a service provider located in another EU country without price discrimination and without having the seller refuse to sell to you simply because you live in a different EU country. However, if there are objective reasons for the seller to refuse to sell to you, that seller may be within their rights."

In the case of prepaid service where it is not possible to make debths and there is no real contract between the operator and the user I do not see any objective reason for this limitation.
Hi you maybe correct and the deal may only be for German Citizens or you may need an address in Germany to register, i came across this when i tried to get a local number, if anyone knows the situation your input would be most welcome.

Old
  (#13)
gkeeper (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-02-2014, 22:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdoo View Post

Hi it would seem after reading T&Cs that you are correct. These offers are valid only for the German market.:>(

Old
  (#14)
ygeffens (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-02-2014, 11:48

So this means that I can leave 1 card at home (Belgium), and take another one to France, and call the homefront for just 3ct/m ?

Nice!

offtopic problem: I have two cards of AldiTalk, but 1 has expired, is it possible to revive it in anyway? I had 15 euro of credit left (on a voucher). I used that to topup the working card (didn't want to risk to have that one expired too).

Sim:
Belgium: Proximus Smart+ 15 (+32 496 contract)

Voip:
Weepee-voip.be

Phones:
Apple iPhone 32Gb 5S

Old
  (#15)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 16-02-2014, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkeeper View Post
Hi it would seem after reading T&Cs that you are correct. These offers are valid only for the German market.:>(
you can simply buy these cards in any ALDI supermarket. Registration can be done online, just use any known german adress together with your name. Aldi is not sending letters out to this adress.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#16)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 16-02-2014, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygeffens View Post
So this means that I can leave 1 card at home (Belgium), and take another one to France, and call the homefront for just 3ct/m ?

Nice!

offtopic problem: I have two cards of AldiTalk, but 1 has expired, is it possible to revive it in anyway? I had 15 euro of credit left (on a voucher). I used that to topup the working card (didn't want to risk to have that one expired too).
you can try to send 10ct via bank transfer to the following account:

receiver:
E-Plus Mobilfunk GmbH & Co.KG
IBAN DE07 3004 0000 0121 7900 01
BIC COBADEFFXXX
bank:
Commerzbank Düsseldorf
reason of transfer - your mobile number, e.g. 01771234567

If the card is not yet fully dead it will be reactivated after 2-3 days and will have 3 days validity In that case you can safely transfer more or buy a recharage voucher in store.

transfer of 1 Euro gives you 1 month validity, and so on.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#17)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-02-2014, 11:54

While picking up an Aldi SIM card for a family member yesterday I thought I should get two additional ones for fellow forum members who might be interested in the new roaming tariffs. So if any loyal forum member needs an Aldi SIM just drop me a PM.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#18)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 16-02-2014, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
you can simply buy these cards in any ALDI supermarket. Registration can be done online, just use any known german adress together with your name. Aldi is not sending letters out to this adress.
Although ALDI stores are a kind of self-service ones, Alditalk starter packs including SIM cards as well as top-ups are not part of self-service. At least in those shops I visited. So no need to search in the aisles. Just go directly to the checkout counter and tell the cashier what you want. Either they will open the locked compartment for you to take a pack from there or will hand it over to you. In the case of difficulties with German language, just pick up an Alditalk leaflet at the entrance of the store and show it to the cashier.

Old
  (#19)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-02-2014, 15:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
While picking up an Aldi SIM card for a family member yesterday I thought I should get two additional ones for fellow forum members who might be interested in the new roaming tariffs. So if any loyal forum member needs an Aldi SIM just drop me a PM.
i have sent you a PM about this. please reply

Old
  (#20)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 16-02-2014, 16:51

I hope other German prepaids soon copy this. In fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell