PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
base station (Offline)

Default Spain, Movistar. How to register or personal add data? - 29-04-2010, 21:19

I have a Movistar prepaid SIM. I used them for some years. Since last December Telefónica Móviles has suspended the use of this SIM because the SIM is allegedly not registered to my name, they do not have my personal data.

How can I add this data? Is there a link to their website where I can register my name etc.?

I do not live in Spain, so I can only do this over the Internet.

Every help is welcome.

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 05-05-2010, 19:24

The registration of your personal data to the SIM had to be done before the final cut-off date. You should have received a few SMS messages telling you what to do before this date. Now that the date has lapsed, you will need to go to a Telefonica/Movistar shop here in Spain. They might need to issue you a new SIM, although I don't think they will charge you anything.

Sorry for the delay in answering this. I only just came across this.

Old
  (#3)
base station (Offline)

Default Spain, Movistar. How to register or personal add data? - 13-06-2010, 23:58

I regularly visit Spain as transit passenger in the Barajas Airport. I have no time to leave the airport. I did not find a Telefonica shop in the airport. My SIM seems to be still active. When I dial a phone number I get redirected to a Telefonica Service number. So I am looking to reactivate it online.

I do not live in Spain, going to shop there is no option. I like to make some phone calls between the flights with a local SIM. Roaming is too expensive, that is why I use Movistar SIM.

Yes, I received a few SMS but I could not react to them because I live abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
The registration of your personal data to the SIM had to be done before the final cut-off date. You should have received a few SMS messages telling you what to do before this date. Now that the date has lapsed, you will need to go to a Telefonica/Movistar shop here in Spain. They might need to issue you a new SIM, although I don't think they will charge you anything.

Tags
movistar, register, sim, telefónica móviles, website