PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 13-06-2010, 20:46

Do they only have your credit card data from previous manual recharges or have you actually setup automatic recharge? If you have set the latter, the data option will not be disabled automatically, as you will never run out of credit.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#12)
lizzie1955 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-06-2010, 12:42

I got an e-mail back from custimer service telling me to write them back in German as they have no English support.

Could I ask someone to translate the line:

"Please disable my "Daten-Flatrate", since I can't call 1155 from the US."

Thank you!!!

Old
  (#13)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 14-06-2010, 14:36

Unbelievable! You must have encountered an absolute moron. It's time to switch to Fonic!

Here's the translation:

Quote:
Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

Hiermit bitte ich höflichst um Deaktivierung meiner Tarifoption "Daten-Flatrate" zum nächstmöglichen Termin. Leider kann ich dies nicht eigenhändig erledigen, da die Kurzwahl 1155 aus den USA, wo ich mich derzeit aufhalte, unerreichbar ist.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Lizzie

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#14)
lizzie1955 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-06-2010, 15:22

Here's the bottom line:

The Bad News:

A friend of mine in Germany called customer service. I can't disable the plan from the US-- no exceptions. My friend would need to have the SIM card in Germany to do it for me.

The Good News:

I am not on automatic recharge so I will just let the account go below €20 and it will disable itself.

What an adventure.

The irony of the whole thing is that Blau worked terribly in Germany. Calls were fine. Data was terrible. I could slowly connect to the Internet but e-mail was impossible. I never got one and couldn't sent. It would said waiting, waiting, waiting.... failed.

Need to try something new in September,

Old
  (#15)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 14-06-2010, 19:46

What is their customer care actually good for, if they can't even manage tariff options?

O2 (the network Fonic use) have a way better network with decent data rates. However with your LG Cookie you will never experience really fast connections, as it supports only GSM/EDGE, which means the fastest possible data rates are ~200 KBit/s. However all GSM/EDGE-networks in the Western world suffer from high loads due to the increasing number of smartphones and GSM-networks are quite prone to congestions. So those 200 KBit/s are just theory and even the better networks won't deliver significantly more than 100 KBit/s.
If you really want fast and reliable data, go for a Fonic SIM and a HSDPA-capable 3G-handset (supporting the European 3G frequency at 2100MHz!), which enables you of using 3G networks, which in practice will reach download rates of 2000-3000 KBit/s, sometimes even more.