PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
pronto5703 (Offline)

Default Mobile VOIP in Greece - 20-02-2009, 22:39

Is it possible to use VOIP on a mobile network -or MVNO- in Greece? I've a voipaccount but wich provider supports/don't block VOIP?
If yes, what is the best provider for the dataplan and speed? I only want to use a prepaid plan.

I'm also interessed in a plan (add-on for i.e. by topping up, or regular plan) that includes many minutes and/or sms.

I've been looking around but to be honest, there are to many plans and options to get a clear comparison.

Thanks in advance for the taken time to help me

Old
  (#2)
caliston (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 26-02-2009, 13:36

Have a read of the Greece HSPA thread (stick at the top of this board), also the Greece GPRS thread.

Basically, I don't think there's a sensible PAYG data plan any more. You're stuck paying 12000EUR/GB, or using a WAP proxy.

The best option, if it works, would be to take out a Wind 1 contract (no monthly fee), add a data bundle to it (120MB for EUR8 per month), then cancel the bundle when you're done.

As I haven't managed to get a non-proxied data connection I haven't tried VOIP. Outside major cities 3G reception is usually poor (lack of sites plus lots of reinforced concrete) so I'd be surprised if it works.

Old
  (#3)
blue.angel

Default 18-03-2009, 05:39

That is depend on the provider of each unit using a mobile voip...Mobile VoIP Service Reviews from Mobile VoIP users. Read and write Mobile VoIP Service providers reviews. Learn more about Mobile VoIP service from actual,