PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#71)
gmmour (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 05-09-2008, 12:24

Weird! If you call it from your German phone and it rings, something is wrong... Why can't you call the balance inquiry number?

Are you sure its a Wind F2G and you're calling the right number? I.e. are you sure it's not a Wind Mo'Mad or Q-card or AB Supermarket Mobile (all kinda-MVNOs offered by Wind but with different offers and names)!

Old
  (#72)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-09-2008, 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmour View Post
Weird! If you call it from your German phone and it rings, something is wrong... Why can't you call the balance inquiry number?

Are you sure its a Wind F2G and you're calling the right number? I.e. are you sure it's not a Wind Mo'Mad or Q-card or AB Supermarket Mobile (all kinda-MVNOs offered by Wind but with different offers and names)!
Howdy,
now i am online with the WIND card.
It was really weird. The card was actually working but not activated. I just called my german cellphone - there was noo welcome message. So i picked up the call (arrr more than a Euro). In this very moment a welcome-SMS arrived and from that moment on it was running smooth.

I am in Tolo at the moment and have good 3G coverage - up to 1 MBit of Datatransfer so far. Not bad for 3,50 Euro a month. Thanks gmmour for the support!

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#73)
gmmour (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-09-2008, 01:46

Normally, you only listen through the welcome message and this is it! You don't have to actually get charged for the call in order for the card to be activated...

Anywayz, you could've called a local number in order to get charged on local tarriffs...

For everybody's information 2106230000 for example is the automated calling center of Alpha Bank and it will always answer your call and charged at local tarriffs... You could've called 1260 too, it's Wind's customer care line and charged at a flat 24 cents/call...

Old
  (#74)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-09-2008, 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmour View Post
Normally, you only listen through the welcome message and this is it! You don't have to actually get charged for the call in order for the card to be activated...

Anywayz, you could've called a local number in order to get charged on local tarriffs...

For everybody's information 2106230000 for example is the automated calling center of Alpha Bank and it will always answer your call and charged at local tarriffs... You could've called 1260 too, it's Wind's customer care line and charged at a flat 24 cents/call...
yeah Afterwards i got the idea as well just to call the hotel desk or so. But as automated reaction i called my mobile for test (as i always do at work as i work in the GSM field)...

Chris

EDIT: Anybody got MSN live-Mail (aka Hotmail) running via the WIND card?

Last edited by dg7feq; 06-09-2008 at 16:03.. Reason: question added

Old
  (#75)
real_goose (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 13-09-2008, 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
Anybody got MSN live-Mail (aka Hotmail) running via the WIND card?
I did some testing and think there is a chance Hotmail will work. I get as far as entering a valid address and an invalid password (since I don't know the password for someone else's ID). It responds with a password error.

Email has been a continuing problem for me. I can only get gmail reliably from IE, but use Opera for most other things. I can not get signed in to Yahoo mail from any browser, it simply returns to the signon screen without any error. I can get signed in to Yahoo Groups, but I can't open any message because it reports I have cookies turned off.

I am on Naxos this week and did some tests with Chrome. Interestingly, I can open my.myway.com which fails on both Opera and IE.

Old
  (#76)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 13-09-2008, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by real_goose View Post
I did some testing and think there is a chance Hotmail will work. I get as far as entering a valid address and an invalid password (since I don't know the password for someone else's ID). It responds with a password error.
I did some more tests as well.
You can send the login infomation but the mail website reloads in endless loop. There is too much ajax stuff on it to pass trough the proxy.
We solved the problem by putting the SIM in the phone and use Opera Mini - which gets everything trough very well.

BTW: We found out by chance that skype works very well also file transfers - even voice calls go trough without any problem and with good quality as long as you are on 3G...

Chris (near Kerkyra island, on WIND GR gprs)

Old
  (#77)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-09-2008, 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by real_goose View Post
... I can not get signed in to Yahoo mail from any browser, it simply returns to the signon screen without any error. ...
I don't have a yahoo mail account but I do have yahoo logins for flickr. Lately i've been having problems with flickr over Wind NS. I used to be able to use the 'blog this' feature but now I can't. This happens a lot - things that work one day don't the next. And vice versa - I couldn't update my wordpress blog but now I can!

Using this Nokia N810 with its Gecko-based browser and Privoxy as described earlier I just called mail.yahoo.com It returned an application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml document - which I can't handle.

I'm getting more and more of these WAP documents. I used to be able to use timesonline but now I get a text/vnd.wap.wml doc returned. And it came from timesmobile.mobi - so either the times or the proxy has redirected me there. Does anyone understand what's happening here?

The N810's browser string starts "Firefox/3.0a1 Tablet Browser 0.2.2..." I get the same with Firefox on the laptop.

Dave
on Kefalonia

Old
  (#78)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 15-09-2008, 10:46

It seems that these pages automatically recognize that you are coming from a mobile carrier and from the WAP gateway. So they deliver the mobile page automatically and not the general page. As a hint: Use Opera as a browser for these pages, it can also read the WAP and xml-wap pages without conversion.

Chris - heavy rain in Ephirus.

Old
  (#79)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-09-2008, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
It seems that these pages automatically recognize that you are coming from a mobile carrier and from the WAP gateway. So they deliver the mobile page automatically and not the general page.
So there's nothing I can do to tell the site I'm not a phone? Any HTTP headers I could add with Privoxy?

Quote:
As a hint: Use Opera as a browser for these pages, it can also read the WAP and xml-wap pages without conversion.
Opera isn't avaiilable for the Nokia N810 - or wasn't last time I looked. Actually, the N810 browser will display these WAP pages too - it's just not configured to do so. As will Firefox 3 - there's an addon to configure it.

I intend to use Fennec as soon as it's stable.

Quote:
...heavy rain in Ephirus.
Thunderstorms in Kefalonia - hence doing this

Dave