PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
stefanonardi (Offline)

Default Can you suggest me a prepaid sim for Europe? - 01-06-2007, 11:03

Hi!

At first, sorry for my bad English! I've just found this forum and I'm now discovering the magic world of roaming-free gsm!! I live in Italy, but I usually spend about 2 weeks every year abroad, during my holidays: I was trying to understand what card would be most suitable for me, as I'd like to be able to receive calls for free mainly in Europe (Croatia, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Greece) and spend as few as possible for making calls and send sms to Italy mobiles.

At a first sight I thought that the best deal could be freeglobalsim.com as there is no charge for sim and shipment, and it's a UK number (but from Isle of Man, and Jajah seems to charge about 0.26EUR/min vs. 0.14EUR/min for a standard UK mobile), but it seems a bit expensive for placing calls and sms to Italy!

Could anyone suggest me what could be the best prepaid for my needs? And... is a Isle of Man number the cheapest solution for other people to reach me?

Thank you very very much!

Regards from Italy

Ste

Last edited by stefanonardi; 01-06-2007 at 11:23..

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 01-06-2007, 20:09

Outgoing rates are never very low... expecially SMS. I think Travelsim is quite a good solution, and calling an Estonian number could be very cheap (expecially with postpaid plans by 3 ITA).

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim