PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
BBB (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 25-04-2006, 13:36

Is it just me or have they just hiked all their prices up. The website price chart has changed to a new look as well. Anyone know whathas happened - or why?

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-04-2006, 22:08

I don't know, but I'll put this info

The other day I read a prediction on another forum that 0044 tariffs would be increased to the same as Simazing

Simazing is registered by one of the directors of CallKey/GlobalCalling, so I assumed it to be their own retail arm.

I phoned 0044 and a had a chat about this, which I've done before. He didn't appear to have heard of Simazing or seen their tariffs, but said that any tariff changes coming from CallKey would be passed on.

The tariff chart there now is new; not there the other day. But at the bottom, it mentions contacting Simazing rather than 0044. So maybe this is an error by CallKey/Global in pulling up the wrong tariff for 0044 accounts?

All calls I made yesterday are charged at the old tariff, which is still listed in my account.

As many questions as answers I think, like will the trebling of tariff be applied to mine in future, and will all dealers have the same tariff plans in future, which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment. Some more phone calls soon I think.

Old
  (#3)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-04-2006, 13:41

I was in touch this morning with Ed Neal from Geodesa. He clearly wrote me that they have just changed the cost of SMS. Otherwise all other charges stay the same. Also all free incoming roaming destinations should remain unchanged.

Old
  (#4)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 28-04-2006, 14:01

CallKey told me that the charges are up to individual dealers.

I contacted 0044 for clarification. Future 0044 sales will be of SIMs with the new tariff, which is the same as Simazing. And a bit later I have an email from 0044 that CK say the old call charges will continue on the earlier supplied ones.

On sms charges, they weren't being charged at all, but now appear at $0.29

Old
  (#5)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 28-04-2006, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
CallKey told me that the charges are up to individual dealers.

I contacted 0044 for clarification. Future 0044 sales will be of SIMs with the new tariff, which is the same as Simazing. And a bit later I have an email from 0044 that CK say the old call charges will continue on the earlier supplied ones.

On sms charges, they weren't being charged at all, but now appear at $0.29
I must say that I don't like the mess with all the "versions" of CallKey SIMs. OK, that's great that dealers can set their own tariffs or offer both prepaid and postpaid products. But now I'm not even sure where those SIMs work - each dealer has its own roaming list. E.g. Ukraine is "under test" in Geodesa, available in 0044 and Simazing, and not available in GT-sim.
And Callblue http://www.callblue.com/website/Rate-Calculator.html : "Select the country you are calling from: " list contains 214 countries and territories! What does this mean??? OK, they added the clause:

Find the rate to and from your country*. It is dependant on the type of GSM package you have chosen to use.

Simply choose your package, the country you are calling from and the destination you are calling.

* NOTE: The service is based on availability outlined in the Coverage List

and http://www.callblue.com/website/Coverage.html is quite usual as for Manx SIMs

Old
  (#6)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 23-05-2006, 23:19

http://www.callblue.com/0044 - this a current calculator for 0044 (it opens from the 0044.co.uk website). It seems that they have the common tariff with Callblue now :unsure:

Old
  (#7)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-05-2006, 23:41

Looks a bit better now. Is there any set-up fee for calls made?

Old
  (#8)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 24-05-2006, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
http://www.callblue.com/0044 - this a current calculator for 0044 (it opens from the 0044.co.uk website). It seems that they have the common tariff with Callblue now :unsure:
hmmm, the plot thickens - I wonder why they have switched from CallKey to Callblue

Old
  (#9)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 24-05-2006, 05:29

I suppose now they charge per minute, not 6 seconds ........

Old
  (#10)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-05-2006, 08:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
hmmm, the plot thickens - I wonder why they have switched from CallKey to Callblue
What do you mean by "switched from CallKey to Callblue". Isn't Callkey a company which is a "wholesaler" to all the "Manx" SIMs? Or, there are (at least) two companies which use Manx Pronto roaming agreements???