PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default FIDO Question - 23-08-2012, 16:36

FIDO's website is proudly proclaiming that there is no roaming in Canada, but there is still long distance. Is this contract only or can I now get unlimited calls inbound calls on the Rogers network (anywhere in Canada) from Victoria to St Johns?

Old
  (#2)
Telekom (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-08-2012, 14:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
FIDO's website is proudly proclaiming that there is no roaming in Canada, but there is still long distance. Is this contract only or can I now get unlimited calls inbound calls on the Rogers network (anywhere in Canada) from Victoria to St Johns?
If you switch to the dollar per day option you can get unlimited incoming. You can also get unlimited weekends from 18:00 Friday to 06:00 on Mondays for $1 also. Be advised if you want to discontinue the dollar per day plan you must speak to an agent or they'll ding you a dollar on the same day you change your plan.

--
Current SIMs:

AT&T US
T-Mobile US
T-Mobile NL
Fido CA
Orange IL

Old
  (#3)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-08-2012, 19:03

Yah. FIDO is not like TMobile's unlimited plan where you only get billed on the days that there is some activity. I posted my question on Howard's Forum and got a response that says you also want the $10 a month unlimited long distance option if you are going to leave to your particular coverage zone. Otherwise, while you don't pay roaming, you will get hit with a long distance fee connecting to your mobile outside of the primary marketplace. Even with a law degree, I don't catch all their gotcha's.

Old
  (#4)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-09-2012, 20:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
the Rogers network (anywhere in Canada) from Victoria to St Johns
I don't know if you mentioned Victoria to St John's in a figurative sense, like coast to coast, or literally. In case it's the latter and you intend to visit "The Rock" not that Rogers has significantly less coverage outside of the St John's area than Bell. If you plan to see more of Newfoundland than just the capital area, you should compare Rogers and Bell coverage charts before you decide to go with Fido (Rogers.)

Phones: OnePlus 5 • Nexus 5
SIMs: CA Fido/Fongo • AT A1-B.free • Google Fi
R.I.P.: UM • UM+

Old
  (#5)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-09-2012, 03:27

I was being figurative. I've only been to Newfoundland twice in my life. Once was just a gas stop on the way back from Europe. The other was a camping trip back when I was in law school. My wife and I went out to Maritime provinces and took the ferry from Cape Breton. We got as far as Dartmouth and turned back. It was continous rain.