PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Thumbs down 3 (North) Italy? - 26-01-2007, 15:42

Take a look at the coverage map... http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi-bin/ni_map.pl?cc=it&net=h3 Liguria, Tuscany and generally all the South of Italy are without direct coverage. It seems more a northern network than a nationwide one...

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#2)
maccoy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Talking 28-01-2007, 09:46

The card is complete.
I think they were updating region by region, as on the "3" site...
Unfortunately I didn't see the "3-Padania" coverage card!

Prepaid
I: Vodafone, Wind, 3; F: Bouygues Telecom; M: Melita; INT: Travelsim, Zeromobile.

Old
  (#3)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 28-01-2007, 13:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoy View Post
Unfortunately I didn't see the "3-Padania" coverage card!
Well I suppose that they made simply a mistake before to stamp the simcards

Anyway the other H3G networks are worst or similar crappy (expect Sweden and HK)

Austria: http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi-bin/ni_map.pl?cc=at&net=ha
Australia: http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi-bin/ni_map.pl?cc=au&net=ht
Denmark: http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi-bin/ni_map.pl?cc=dk&net=h3
Ireland: http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi-bin/ni_map.pl?cc=ie&net=h3
UK: http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi-bin/ni_map.pl?cc=gb&net=hu

My Phones:
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#4)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 28-01-2007, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreA View Post
Well I suppose that they made simply a mistake before to stamp the simcards

Anyway the other H3G networks are worst or similar crappy (expect Sweden and HK)
I think it's not difficult to cover HK .
As to Northern Italy, I see that the lowland around the river Po is perfectly covered. I suppose it was easier and cheaper to cover this area first than mountains in the South....

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-01-2007, 07:41

And the pianura padana is also the richest region in Italy...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#6)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-01-2007, 12:01

I've noticed before that some of the maps at GSM World seem a little out of date compared to those at network websites.

Within the UK 3 has a 2g roaming agreement with another network; it was O2 and is now Orange. At home (outside 3's 3g coverage) I'm shown 3 2g, Orange2/3g, T-mobile 3g, Vodafone 2g, in that order. But they insist my phone will now be on Orange here. My phone is two years old, and I think some of the restrictive settings (intended to stop people selecting 2g only all the time) now need to be undone to resolve this O2/Orange ambiguity ...

After a rather long call to them just now, it seems there is also such a 2g roaming agreement with Wind in Italy, but not in the other countries.

I had to carefully explain and ask the question about four times about what a network search would show me in Italy, and how would I be charged. Apparently I'd be shown all 4 networks, and would be charged roaming if the phone registered on Wind. He insists it would not auto-range on to Wind 2g outside 3's coverage and then still be shown as 3, which is exactly how it behaves here. It doesn't inspire confidence that it took so long to get these answers (and especially when at one moment he said there was no roaming in Denmark at all) ...

But if someone from Italy was to come here and use a 3 UK SIM they would also have 2g roaming on Orange of course ...

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-01-2007, 14:00

I just received a 3UK prepaid simcard from Kiwisteve, it's now at home, but tonight I'm going to test it and I'll tell you how it works... but at home (and also at work) I have full 3 (3G) coverage.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#8)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 30-01-2007, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
As to Northern Italy, I see that the lowland around the river Po is perfectly covered. I suppose it was easier and cheaper to cover this area first than mountains in the South....
And about Scotland, Wales, North Ireland, Ireland, Austria, Denmark? They are usually crappy all around the world

My Phones:

ITALIAN TLC BLOG